TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Autopilot Parallel parking still not very good...

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by jlucero, Jan 13, 2016.

1. jlucero

jlucero Member

i got AP on day 1, and it is a TINY bit better than day one. instead of driving past a spot 20 times to get it to work, now it works after 10 times of driving around. useless if i need that spot and someone is behind me waiting to see if i take it.

for the perpendicular parking, it is definitely easier for me to get the P....but still very variable.

whats you guys experiences?

2. Rockster

Rockster Active Member

It's much better for me. Never got it to work before, despite trying >15 times. Now it's done it two for two times.

3. jeffro01

jeffro01 Active Member

I have never had a problem with it and have been amazed at how it has fit into some of the spots it has where there is no way I could have done it myself... In all honesty I have had zero problems with it so I can't say what you are doing wrong with yours...

Jeff

4. AWDtsla

AWDtsla Active Member

Had a go at it trying to find spots last night. Every spot was too small for it to recognize. Parked by hand, like a caveman would. #firstworldproblems

5. jlucero

jlucero Member

well to clarify, the new perpendicular feature works ok, the parallel parking feature for me still doesnt work that well.

6. SomeJoe7777

SomeJoe7777 Marginally-Known Member

I've done both the parallel and perpendicular parking numerous times and they work flawlessly every time.

7. LetsGoFast

LetsGoFast Active Member

That's funny, because for me it is the other way around. I've always had great success with parallel parking, but I find it refuses to acknowledge perpendicular spaces quite often.