Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot performance has degraded in 2.28.19 vs 2.20.30 - my imagination???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Personally, I think my AP has been degrading for some time. Sorry for not recalling the version where it changed, but I think mine started going down hill about six months ago. There was a period when it was rock solid. So much so that I think I started to get over trusting. Well, no more. She now wanders and gets confused fairly often in areas where that didn't happen. I never had the "cresting a hill" issue that many have had until I got 2.20.30.

I feel the same way. Rock solid became more twitchy. Exit ramps that the car had learned to ignore began causing an "I want to exit" twitch. Sudden jerking across a lane marker became more common. It may be getting better again but it may just be my wishful thinking.

well I got 2.32.100 from 2.28.19 yesterday and was excited as other have reported an improvement.

Today it's driving clean out of the lane on AP :(
When in the lane it's movement is noticeably more natural, but no way should it repeatedly drive on the edge of the lane and even drive out of it according to its own graphics!
Also the annoyance of AP incorrectly seeing cars in adjacent lanes as encroaching into my lane causing my car to unexpectedly brake is still there, wasn't there originally but appeared somewhere around the 2.20.xx builds.
No doubt they'll sort it, but admit to being a bit underwhelmed with the "improvements" recently.
Still love AP though.