Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AutoPilot performance on 0.40 Firmware

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone notice an improvement with autopilot on firmware 0.40 for HW2 cars?
I drove a route that iv driven quite a few times before. Autopilot always gave me a few issues, especially in the morning with bright sunlight.

After the 0.40, I felt the drive was much smoother. Less jerkiness and stayed in the lane much better.

Is it all in my mind or did anyone else notice an improvement?

My total drive was about 3 hours.

• Helpful
Reactions: croman
I'm on 2017.40.1 e29b97f and unfortunately have noticed no difference over 2017.34.02448cfc on my car. Still behaves the same with bright sunlight/shadows and tries to wander off into exit lanes and median crossovers (my main issues with AP2).

I have version .38.4...12575 pushed by the awesome tech at Syosset, NY. Just drove for 510 miles (I-88) in upstate NY... Major improvement, car stayed in the middle of the lane, did not appear to move closer to big rigs. When turning Autopilot on, did not notice the steering pull to the right or left like before. TACC was awesome in single lane roads, just had to adjust the distance depending on the speed.

Hope this helps. 2017 MS 75D

Reactions: calisnow
I have version .38.4...12575 pushed by the awesome tech at Syosset, NY. Just drove for 510 miles (I-88) in upstate NY... Major improvement, car stayed in the middle of the lane, did not appear to move closer to big rigs. When turning Autopilot on, did not notice the steering pull to the right or left like before. TACC was awesome in single lane roads, just had to adjust the distance depending on the speed.

Hope this helps. 2017 MS 75D

Exactly what I have been noticing with my 17.40 firmware. Something has changed. I drive the I5 almost every day. There is a section where the lines were somewhat redrawn and some were fading. My autopilot always acted up around there. It seems to be driving just fine now with the new update.

Reactions: ahkahn and calisnow