Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had a quick question about standard autopilot (no FSD). I've been noticing that I only get visualizations for the lanes immediately next to me, so for example if I'm on a 3 lane road and in the far left or right lane the visualizations will only show cars in my lane and the middle lane, not the 3rd lane. I've seen pictures of people using autopilot where it will show cars all over the place, even multiple lanes over. I'm a vision only car, so not sure if this is one of the reasons why, but even where there is a clear view to the far lanes it still doesn't display the cars in them. I tried to do a search to see if anyone else had this question, but couldn't find anything specifically about this.

Had a quick question about standard autopilot (no FSD). I've been noticing that I only get visualizations for the lanes immediately next to me, so for example if I'm on a 3 lane road and in the far left or right lane the visualizations will only show cars in my lane and the middle lane, not the 3rd lane. I've seen pictures of people using autopilot where it will show cars all over the place, even multiple lanes over. I'm a vision only car, so not sure if this is one of the reasons why, but even where there is a clear view to the far lanes it still doesn't display the cars in them. I tried to do a search to see if anyone else had this question, but couldn't find anything specifically about this.

Sometimes it shows more cars sometimes and very few some other times. Very early versions also showed a tailgating car in the rear but not anymore. It doesn't bother me as long as it does its job and not colliding with any obstacles.

Reactions: Seminole