Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot reduces accident rate 50% - Musk claims - valid?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's the opposite of my experience - mine is rock solid except in very, very difficult conditions. Are you talking about highway driving? Every 5 minutes it wanders? Have you taken it to a service center to have the system checked out?

I think he's having trouble with the roads in his area. I have learned that if the painted lines are old, worn, or paved over, the AP can't see them well, and starts searching by weaving. I turn AP off when I see that the lines are bad, the sun is shining directly into my face (and camera), there are a lot of road repairs with reflective tar strips, etc. etc. etc.

Yes, it's like a 6 year old. You have to know their limitations, or don't let them drive.

Reactions: Eugene Ash
"Even with this early version, it’s almost twice as good as a person."

This is just false. Even if you take the most charitable version, what it shows is that auto-pilot plus driver is 50% better than driver alone. Unless he is willing to claim that the cars would do better EMPTY, he shouldn't be phrasing it as he did.

Thank you kindly.