Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot rolling out to all AP2 HW cars today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I keep hearing that we are all Beta testers for AP and some are upset. Wouldn't you rather have a company collect data and always tweak things to make it better. It will never be perfect as we live In an imperfect world where u seen things happen all the time.

Hmm. "Some cars will require adjustment of camera pitch angle by service." Well, at least I already have an appointment with the service center on 1/30. That was booked few weeks ago. In case mine need to have it adjusted, I won't be waiting for too long for service center appointment.

Seems as though many of you are so enamored with Tesla that you accept the over promising and lack of delivery of very important safety functions. Per the link to the article in The Verge, this long awaited AP2 software will NOT have critical safety features now available in practically every car sold in the US. To me, the features such as Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB), lane changing warning and assist, etc. are significantly more important than autopilot. I would have traded off autopilot for these functions in a nano second.
No word from Tesla as to when these critical functions will be provided.
Lets all stop accepting poor execution and demand we get a quality product as promised with zero defects.

I agree with @wesley888. I too consented to purchasing a car that gets BETTER via software updates not stay static like most (if not all) other vehicles on the road. Like my phone, I consider it an investment that benefits from the collective input of thousands of teslas.
Maybe the "Tesla Way" is not for everyone and those who complain that all features are not available when they buy the car should consider an alternative purchase that will make them happier.

For me, I look at it as a relationship that keeps the magic alive and excites me with every new update.... :)
Drive safe and enjoy AP2!!

The point is really delivering a quality product. Its great to have something which will continue to evolve and enhance the driving experience. Its another thing to communicate a December release, then late December, then maybe in 2 weeks, then maybe now. One assumes that when the update is released, it includes all the functions intended in AP2 (i.e. AEB). As stated earlier this AP2 release is far from what was communicated at time of purchase. Delay in update is one issue. Lack of critical product features is a whole other level.

The point is really delivering a quality product. Its great to have something which will continue to evolve and enhance the driving experience. Its another thing to communicate a December release, then late December, then maybe in 2 weeks, then maybe now. One assumes that when the update is released, it includes all the functions intended in AP2 (i.e. AEB). As stated earlier this AP2 release is far from what was communicated at time of purchase. Delay in update is one issue. Lack of critical product features is a whole other level.
I agree that Tesla's communication on all fronts could be better. Especially for such a cutting edge tech company. Maybe if a timeline for safety features were posted with the caveat that there may be delays, a lot more people would be much more tolerant to the delays and setbacks. I upgraded from a gen 1 MS to AP2 MX. I had none of the features that will(*) become available as updates get pushed out. My other 2 ICE cars don't even have some of the acronyms that AP2 touts and will eventually roll out.

But I have learnt never to assume anything ... because as the word says it's
ass u me

:)

Reactions: wesley888
Unfortunately the car needs a day of driving calibration so AP wouldn't take over. Here is the update details

Attachments

• IMG_20170121_192627.jpg
    IMG_20170121_192627.jpg
    665.3 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_20170121_192719.jpg
    IMG_20170121_192719.jpg
    659.2 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_20170121_192728.jpg
    IMG_20170121_192728.jpg
    638.9 KB · Views: 337
  • IMG_20170121_192738.jpg
    IMG_20170121_192738.jpg
    681.7 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_20170121_192756.jpg
    IMG_20170121_192756.jpg
    574.6 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_20170121_192803.jpg
    IMG_20170121_192803.jpg
    587 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_20170121_192812.jpg
    IMG_20170121_192812.jpg
    587.8 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_20170121_193008.jpg
    IMG_20170121_193008.jpg
    673.4 KB · Views: 231
Unfortunately the car needs a day of driving calibration so AP wouldn't take over.

It can take a day of driving. I think most people say that an hour is usually enough, just drive, park the car and let it digest for a little while and try again. If it still isn't calibrated you may be one of the unlucky ones that needs the pitch of the front cameras adjusted.

I see someone got 17.3.2 on an AP2 car and they put a note of EAP on it. So maybe there is a new version numbering scheme.

@HankLloydRight Why doesn't 17.x.x sort up above 2.x.x? (I see that 2.52.120 sorts before 2.52.36 so it doesn't seem like you are sorting the third spot as alpha.)
I think it's being literally sorted as one string and not 3 dot separated numbers. Nothin a bit of elbow grease can't fix ;)