Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot rolling out to all AP2 HW cars today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A road leaving my neighborhood is quite curvy. With TACC turned on, I received several false collision warnings and braking. It was seeing on-coming traffic through the curves as cars in my lane. My lane lines are jumping and jittery as well. The cars that have been detected in my lane are jittery. I hope that it corrects itself or get an update that will fix it. On straight roads, it works great.

Last edited:
A road leaving my neighborhood is quite curvy. With TACC turned on, I received several false collision warnings and braking. It was seeing on-coming traffic through the curves as cars in my lane. My lane lines are jumping and jittery as well. The cars that have been detected in my lane are jittery. I hope that corrects itself or get an update the fixes that. I straight roads, it works great.
You might consider setting collision warning setting to a less strict setting. Has helped me.

Reactions: rush6410
TACC is pretty cool, although it detects cars on the side of the road sometimes. Really neat how it brings the car to a stop as needed.

Autosteer is worthless. You can only use it on highways, but below 45 MPH. It's dangerous to use it on a highway. I managed to engage it for about 10 seconds before I was afraid I'd get rear ended. So I have no idea how to analyze how it might do.

Reactions: cheekychappie
Autosteer is worthless. You can only use it on highways, but below 45 MPH. It's dangerous to use it on a highway. I managed to engage it for about 10 seconds before I was afraid I'd get rear ended. So I have no idea how to analyze how it might do.
I think it's always "ON" collecting data even AP is not engaged.
Right now it's recommended for stop and go on highways only...

Last edited:
Reactions: MP3Mike
TACC is pretty cool, although it detects cars on the side of the road sometimes. Really neat how it brings the car to a stop as needed.

No need to specifically try to get auto steer data. Plenty of people commuting to Tesla corporate or the Nummi plant are slowed down to 45 or less during commute hours.

The only time I would use Auto Steer is on the highway. What highway do you know that has a 45mph limit? Around here 65mph is the posted limit so it will still be useless to me.
It's pretty good for the owners in Hawaii, still a wait for everyone else. I'm not affected, but I do favor caution especially due to the evolving political climate in many countries surrounding assisted driving.

TACC experience so far HW2...

1. Occasionally when coming to a complete stop behind a vehicle at a stoplight my car makes a jerk thrust forward then stops. Very uncomfortable.

2. Some phantom cars appearing on the dashboard screen that are not there. Then disappear.

2. Occasional short quick decelerations when going around a bend.

3. Slight over deceleration of my vehicle when a car in front of me switches lanes or moves into a turning lane.

Jim