Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot Safety/Convenience Features Unavailable

Create Thread: Autopilot Safety/Convenience Features Unavailable

• Model X

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Safety

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ahmedakab

Jun 20, 2020
Abu Dhabi
Model X, bought it three months ago, a few weeks ago started to see this alarm "Autopilot Safety/Convenience Features Unavailable" and all autopilot and radar not working (can't detect vehicles on the road). Sometimes the alarm disappears for a few minutes and everything comes back to normal but then comes back again.

I called the call center to diagnose, and the agent said there is a wire in the front radar that has been disconnected and I must take it to the Service Center. Can't go as the current lockdown.

I tried some basic diagnosis methods but didn't work.

Please help...

Attachments

• PHOTO-2020-06-03-12-57-25.jpg
    PHOTO-2020-06-03-12-57-25.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 30

mgdurand

Jan 19, 2014
Glendale, AZ
Model X, bought it three months ago, a few weeks ago started to see this alarm "Autopilot Safety/Convenience Features Unavailable" and all autopilot and radar not working (can't detect vehicles on the road). Sometimes the alarm disappears for a few minutes and everything comes back to normal but then comes back again.

I called the call center to diagnose, and the agent said there is a wire in the front radar that has been disconnected and I must take it to the Service Center. Can't go as the current lockdown.

I tried some basic diagnosis methods but didn't work.

Please help...
I'm here looking for an answer to the same problem. If it's jsut a loose radar wire, you can get to that area by popping off the plastic cover. I'll try it myself (out of warranty) and report if I find anything

fr100

Dec 27, 2017
Northern CA
I had this happen to me twice and both times I was able to get the features restored while driving by doing the two finger MCU scroll wheel restart.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC