Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot - Somefeedback

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just wanted to make a quick comment, Tesla really does need to do a better training their Sales people on the Auto pilot demo.

When I was in the sales process the Sales guy was focused on highway driving features of the Autopilot.

During the demo period( which just expired for me ) I discovered the coolest feature , if I had been given a demo of I would have bought the autopilot. Cruise control on auto pilot.

I drive this 50 mile road which has a bunch of lights...on auto pilot the car came to a stop when it detected a car in front. When the car in front moved the car automagically made it's way up to 60.
Freaking brilliant.
If the sales guy had taken me through this walkthru I would have bought the autopilot and paid for it in my loan.
I cannot write them a $5500 check now.

I just wanted to make a quick comment, Tesla really does need to do a better training their Sales people on the Auto pilot demo.

When I was in the sales process the Sales guy was focused on highway driving features of the Autopilot.

During the demo period( which just expired for me ) I discovered the coolest feature , if I had been given a demo of I would have bought the autopilot. Cruise control on auto pilot.

I drive this 50 mile road which has a bunch of lights...on auto pilot the car came to a stop when it detected a car in front. When the car in front moved the car automagically made it's way up to 60.
Freaking brilliant.
If the sales guy had taken me through this walkthru I would have bought the autopilot and paid for it in my loan.
Until it doesn't detected a car stopped at a light. Or the light turns red and autopilot goes right through it. I assume you know it's not supposed to be used on roads with lights and therefore the sales associate was correct in not telling you about how it works with lights.

on auto pilot the car came to a stop when it detected a car in front. When the car in front moved the car automagically made it's way up to 60.
Adaptive cruise control: Tesla brands it as Traffic Aware Cruise Control (TACC).

Hopefully, non-EAP customers will get TACC some day, if even for a nominal fee. TACC functions without EAP: tap down once on the drive stalk.

I believe some, if not most, ICE have adaptive cruise control as an upgrade these days.

Freaking brilliant.

Lots of cars do this now. My 2018 Leaf does it.

I believe some, if not most, ICE have adaptive cruise control as an upgrade these days.

Many do- but the feature is usually a lot crappier than Teslas version.

It's onyl very recently any decent # of them could come to a stop and resume in traffic for example (and many still don't)

I had a loaner 2018 Lexus about 6 months ago where the adaptive cruise control simply turned off under ~30 mph for example.

And even at higher speeds the closest follow distance was still so long I was constantly being cut off in traffic.