TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Autopilot Still Calibrating after 160 miles

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by CuriousM3, Apr 18, 2018.

1. CuriousM3

CuriousM3 Member

From the manual and a few post I see, most seem to get autopilot activated after about 50 miles. So far, no no cruise control and no autopilot. At delivery , the guy said 50 miles, the onbaord manual says. 25 miles. I called the customer support and he made up a number of 200 miles. Anyone else having this issue.

2. SDKoala

SDKoala Model 3 LR RWD

I had the exact same problem. No autopilot after 100 miles, so I called Tesla and they told me it could take up to 200 miles. After passing that mark, I called again and found out that autopilot wasn't correctly configured on my Model 3. Basically I paid for it, but it didn't get activated.

I finally got on the phone with a rep who stayed escalated a ticket to the right department to get it activated. Later that day, he called back personally to tell me it should be active. Sure enough, the autopilot options where active the next time I started the car.

Bottom line, call back and ask them to double check that your car was configured correctly.

3. Ed Hart

Ed Hart Member

I THINK I JUST DISCOVERED: While on Autopilot in a brand new Model X, I came up behind a small pickup truck. The truck, with its emergency flashers ON, was going about 10 mph slower than, so my X slowed as you would expect. BUT....I felt a slow speed pulsation. The rate of the pulsation was exactly the same as the emergency flashers on the truck. It is possible that Tesla is using the cameras to get an early warning of braking by looking for brake lights?
    Has anyone else seen evidence of this?

4. zeezz

zeezz Member

Think I'm having the same problem. I have the config settings for autosteer checked, but after 92 miles there is nothing - no lines, no other cars showing up, no speed limit info? Got the same 200 mile line. but the car is actually saying 'cruise not available' when i tap down once, it's not even saying anything about calibration.

5. CuriousM3

CuriousM3 Member

I dropped mine off at the service center last week, i was at almost 400 miles and still nothing, the icons , lane lines, and car avatar barely come on like they do all the time on the model S loaner i have with 100 miles

6. zeezz

zeezz Member

Likewise, dropped car off yesterday with 200 miles - still showing nothing. I am guessing the front sensor must be messed up as my auto headlights also did not work (they always stayed on). It would make sense that they are connected to the main sensor.

What's interesting is that even though I saw no lines, cars, speed limit info... the auto parallel parking still worked. Guess those rear senosrs/cameras were fine.

Hope they can fix it easily!

7. CuriousM3

CuriousM3 Member

Got a call back today , front camera on the windshield is defective and being replaced

8. SDKoala

SDKoala Model 3 LR RWD

Glad you got it figured out. I was beginning to wonder what had happened.

9. CuriousM3

CuriousM3 Member

Service center said will need to recalibrate for 50 miles again with the new camera, so once that is fixed, my car is going to the body shop for paint issue correction

10. zeezz

zeezz Member

Cool. Are they having you drive the 50 miles and bring the car back later?

11. CuriousM3

CuriousM3 Member

They are replacing the camera today, sending it to body shop for the paint for the next few weeks, then when i pick it up , i will need to redo the 50 miles again, if it works then we are good, if not then will need to bring back

12. smak

smak Member

I had a similar issue to you, with a similar fix, but they drove it until it calibrated.

13. CuriousM3

CuriousM3 Member

Nice, guess they are too busy to do that for me as the specifically said i will need to redo the calibration

14. CuriousM3

CuriousM3 Member

Update from the service center today is that the new camera is in and autopilot is working , looks like the did the calibration after all as there is an extra 50 miles on the car , next is body shop so we can get that all fixed

15. raven66

raven66 Member

Did you get your car fixed? If so, what did they replace? Wondering since I have the same "cruise not available" message.