Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot Still Calibrating after 160 miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From the manual and a few post I see, most seem to get autopilot activated after about 50 miles. So far, no no cruise control and no autopilot. At delivery , the guy said 50 miles, the onbaord manual says. 25 miles. I called the customer support and he made up a number of 200 miles. Anyone else having this issue.

I had the exact same problem. No autopilot after 100 miles, so I called Tesla and they told me it could take up to 200 miles. After passing that mark, I called again and found out that autopilot wasn't correctly configured on my Model 3. Basically I paid for it, but it didn't get activated.

I finally got on the phone with a rep who stayed escalated a ticket to the right department to get it activated. Later that day, he called back personally to tell me it should be active. Sure enough, the autopilot options where active the next time I started the car.

Bottom line, call back and ask them to double check that your car was configured correctly.

I THINK I JUST DISCOVERED: While on Autopilot in a brand new Model X, I came up behind a small pickup truck. The truck, with its emergency flashers ON, was going about 10 mph slower than, so my X slowed as you would expect. BUT....I felt a slow speed pulsation. The rate of the pulsation was exactly the same as the emergency flashers on the truck. It is possible that Tesla is using the cameras to get an early warning of braking by looking for brake lights?
Has anyone else seen evidence of this?

I had the exact same problem. No autopilot after 100 miles, so I called Tesla and they told me it could take up to 200 miles. After passing that mark, I called again and found out that autopilot wasn't correctly configured on my Model 3. Basically I paid for it, but it didn't get activated.

I finally got on the phone with a rep who stayed escalated a ticket to the right department to get it activated. Later that day, he called back personally to tell me it should be active. Sure enough, the autopilot options where active the next time I started the car.

Bottom line, call back and ask them to double check that your car was configured correctly.

Think I'm having the same problem. I have the config settings for autosteer checked, but after 92 miles there is nothing - no lines, no other cars showing up, no speed limit info? Got the same 200 mile line. but the car is actually saying 'cruise not available' when i tap down once, it's not even saying anything about calibration.

Likewise, dropped car off yesterday with 200 miles - still showing nothing. I am guessing the front sensor must be messed up as my auto headlights also did not work (they always stayed on). It would make sense that they are connected to the main sensor.

What's interesting is that even though I saw no lines, cars, speed limit info... the auto parallel parking still worked. Guess those rear senosrs/cameras were fine.

Hope they can fix it easily!

Likewise, dropped car off yesterday with 200 miles - still showing nothing. I am guessing the front sensor must be messed up as my auto headlights also did not work (they always stayed on). It would make sense that they are connected to the main sensor.

What's interesting is that even though I saw no lines, cars, speed limit info... the auto parallel parking still worked. Guess those rear senosrs/cameras were fine.

Hope they can fix it easily!

Did you get your car fixed? If so, what did they replace? Wondering since I have the same "cruise not available" message.