Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot Stopped Working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2019 Model 3 S+. Got in the car today and started driving and it refused to start cruise control. Then I noticed that I see no cars adjacent to me on the screen. FSD Visualization not working either. I did a soft boot and when that did not work I did a hard boot. Neither cleared up the issue. I scheduled a service for next week. Has anyone else expreienced anything like this?

I have a 2019 Model 3 S+. Got in the car today and started driving and it refused to start cruise control. Then I noticed that I see no cars adjacent to me on the screen. FSD Visualization not working either. I did a soft boot and when that did not work I did a hard boot. Neither cleared up the issue. I scheduled a service for next week. Has anyone else expreienced anything like this?
Same thing happened to my 2019, AP not available, not displaying any traffic - suspect FSD computer crash
Tried thumb wheel reboot, still the same, power off, still the same
Left it sleeping overnight, back in business the next day

Upvote 0
Well famous last words.....
Been happening regularly AP not available, not displaying any traffic
Called SD they had a look at vehicle logs and said it was the FSD computer hanging/crashing
There was a number of cars affected with the same issue and the next software update 2022.8.2 should fix it
I'm on 2022.4.16

Upvote 0
I am on 2022.8.2 just happened to me on my way home. A quick parking --> locked --> open didn't work.. This is the 2nd time it happened to me this month. I hope they will fix the issue soon, such an annoyance to drive myself on the highway 😅
I feel your pain....the horror of actually having to drive myself on the motorway

Hard to believe not to long ago this was science fiction
now I've almost got K.I.T.T in the garage and I'm complaining that I have to drive myself....hah hah

Reactions: rpiotro and Arpe
Upvote 0
A couple of days ago when I was driving up to SFO I noticed that all of the visualizations on the left side of the display were gone. Only my car and some lines on the "road". TACC / EAP / FSD were not available. Tried a two-button reboot and it still indicated that the AP functions were MIA. Got home and noticed that there was a small spot of bird crap on the windshield to the right side of the camera. Washed it off with some Windex and voilà, all my autopilot functions returned. This occurred, despite me cleaning the windshield with the wipers several times.

• Helpful
Reactions: Ecoli
Upvote 0
Mine is also doing this intermittently. Some days the autopilot & visualizations doesn't work for the entire day and then the next few days they work. I took it in for service on a day that it was working and Tesla service just said they couldn't reproduce it. THANKS! I'm running 2022.8.2.5 and its not working today for me.

Upvote 0
My model y just started doing something similar. The visualizations work fine but it refuses to allow autopilot when I start my car from home. There are no warnings about cameras blocked or anything. Seems to only happen when starting from home going into town. On the way back it works. This is not sun related because the Roads I take that I usually use AP on go all directions. After a 15min drive into town it starts working.

Upvote 0
Hello, i have a model 3 2020 (LFP model china) and same issue, my autopilot or cruise control do NOT work anymore since 2 days . No visualisations also.
i have the 2022.12.3.6 version. Reboot does not solve this,
i have asked Tesla to check my car and see if they can fix this via OTA update

Upvote 0
2021 Model 3 LR - I started having this problem last week. It is intermittent but so far has only occurred on hot days (80F full sun). If I start driving under full sun, it stops working in 30 minute. It then starts working again after the car has been sitting for a while. Reboots don’t help.

Tesla Messaged me in the appointment notes saying the engineers found that a reboot should fix it which is ridiculous since I mentioned in my original appointment notes that rebooting multiple times was the first thing I did and it didn’t help.

I’m on 2022.12.3.2

Upvote 0