Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot Stops Showing Lanes, Won’t Activate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today, my Model 3 stopped showing lane markings. The cars, however are still visible. No gray lines, no blue lines. And Autopilot won’t start. (I get that familiar double beep when I try.)

I tried rebooting with the thumb wheels and parking. Still won’t work?

If the display didn’t show all the cars accurately, I’d think something was wrong with the camera, but this seems like firmware. I did have a failed update in the days before I noticed this.

To be clear, I’ve been using Autopilot since Day One on a Model S, so I know when lanes typically appear. These were all roads with clear markings that I use regularly with no weather or lighting anomalies.

I wanted to see if anyone had a solution before I contact service. Hopefully it’s just a reflash of the firmware. Thanks!

Last edited:
One day I my cameras turned themselves off for no reason! It happened when I went to start the vehicle I noticed the display had reset itself and from that point on the car would work but the cameras were not working...I even tried to activate the rear camera feature and it was just a black screen. I drove most of the day with this happening then at night, it was working again...so??? Fluke in the matrix?

On my first road trip of 500 miles each way in April, my screen froze showing I was going 64 mph even when I slowed to a stop. I called Tesla and they told me to reboot the screen by holding the brake and depressing both steering wheel buttons until the screen unfroze. That worked. Last week my autopilot cameras quit showing stuff and I tried the same re-boot, which worked.