Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot - Traffic control stopping

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got the 2020.24.6.4 update.
Turns out there’s no traffic control auto stop mentioned in the release note.

Does anyone know if Canada is supposed to have the feature yet?

do we need to have the fsd package to have the feature? I thought the feature is available for only autopilot too?

do we need to have the fsd package to have the feature? I thought the feature is available for only autopilot too?

Yes.

Please go to the order page and read again on what features are included for each option:

Autopilot Included
  • Enables your car to steer, accelerate and brake automatically for other vehicles and pedestrians within its lane.
Full Self-Driving Capability
  • Navigate on Autopilot: automatic driving from highway on-ramp to off-ramp including interchanges and overtaking slower cars.
  • Auto Lane Change: automatic lane changes while driving on the highway.
  • Autopark: both parallel and perpendicular spaces.
  • Summon: your parked car will come find you anywhere in a parking lot. Really.
  • Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control: assisted stops at traffic controlled intersections.

Yes, 2020.24.6.X has the traffic control auto stop feature (I have it and don't use it because it only goes the speed limit).

Yes, FSD is needed to get this feature.

Do we know if we need the updated FSD computer for this? I have the FSD package and I got the update, but there's no mention of traffic control behaviors. I've got Fallout and Trax updates, and a subsequent update with backup camera and sentry improvements... but nothing for stop signs.

Do we know if we need the updated FSD computer for this? I have the FSD package and I got the update, but there's no mention of traffic control behaviors. I've got Fallout and Trax updates, and a subsequent update with backup camera and sentry improvements... but nothing for stop signs.
My guess is yes you need the updated FSD computer. They enabled traffic cone visualization on 2.5, but it would make sense that this feature is hw3 required as hw2.5 was running close to max processing power. But that's just my guess....

Yes, you need HW3/FSD Computer to enable Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control:

2020.24.6.3 (Software Update) | Teslascope

Reactions: Vawlkus
How do you enable it, mine says I need to update the map to activate the stop and traffic light. Thx
get your car onto WiFi and it should update your map. Go into software to maybe spur it to check and begin the update.

once this is done, the car at some point will offer that option in the autopilot settings section to enable traffic signal recognition

It will force you to acknowledge every green light either by stepping on the gas pedal or pulling the AP stalk towards you once. Slightly annoying but its beta...so that's just how it is for now. You will also be limited to the speed limit.

apparently the latest version (some US cars have it) reverts back to speed limit + 10 km/h which is nice. Going 80 on a rural highway is a good way to make everyone hate electric cars lol.

• Helpful
Reactions: T3$l@mo
get your car onto WiFi and it should update your map. Go into software to maybe spur it to check and begin the update.

once this is done, the car at some point will offer that option in the autopilot settings section to enable traffic signal recognition

It will force you to acknowledge every green light either by stepping on the gas pedal or pulling the AP stalk towards you once. Slightly annoying but its beta...so that's just how it is for now. You will also be limited to the speed limit.

apparently the latest version (some US cars have it) reverts back to speed limit + 10 km/h which is nice. Going 80 on a rural highway is a good way to make everyone hate electric cars lol.
After I posted it, next day I got in all good. I guess the system needed to update overnight. Thx