TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Autopilot Trial, disappeared the next day :(

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by jgd108, Aug 25, 2018.

1. jgd108

jgd108 Member

Hey! I've been waiting for the 14-day EAP trial since it was announced earlier this month and yesterday afternoon when I went to my car I saw the notice to enable EAP trial, which I promptly enabled.

I did a 3 min drive to confirm it was working fine.

Then last night 1 hour after charging it stopped by itself, around the same time the alert for a software update happened.

When I came to my car I tried to apply the update, but after a while my car was unresponsive, had to reboot the system.

Then I did the upgrade from 2018.28.x to 2018.32.2 and then went for a long drive excited to try out EAP in my M3, but alas it was gone!

Has anybody seen their EAP trial vanish like that? Should I call Tesla support?

Thanks!

2. Thomas Edison

Thomas Edison Active Member

Looks like a software update while on a trial is not something that's recommend.

3. BestHand

BestHand Member

It looks like your EAP trial status was not saved in a memory and cleared after update. Who knows, it could appear again after your car communicate with a server.

• Disagree x 2
  4. brencon

brencon New Member

My EAP trial for my Model 3 disappeared this morning. It was activated last night around 4 PM and was gone this morning. I called Tesla support, but they told me that the trial was intended for the Model S and Model X, and not for the Model 3.

Support said they would research the issue and call me back.

• Helpful x 1
  5. BestHand

BestHand Member

Wow! It sounds suspicious. They could realise that after some testing people who were not really excited to buy EAP in a first place definitely will not buy after testing... and decided to remove that testing opportunity to M3 at all. But of course it is just a thought.

• Disagree x 1
  6. brencon

brencon New Member

After being on hold with corporate technical support for over an hour, I was finally put through to someone. They stated that this is a known issue and that it will take their engineers 24-48 hours to reset the trial on my vehicle.

• Like x 4
    • Helpful x 2
    • Informative x 1
  7. jgd108

jgd108 Member

Thanks brencon for creating an account and giving me that info :) Fingers crossed. Now my car is still rebooting and complaining my outlet is too hot while charging. The joys of being a Tesla owner!

• Like x 1
  8. DLGhost562

DLGhost562 Member

Exact same scenario happened to me. Activated EAP sometime around 5pm yesterday and played with the features for a couple hours. Jumped in the car the following morning excited to show off to my wife and then realized firmware updated and EAP gone... closed my eyes and slowly died inside.

Called service center and they said they would forward my vin to the “engineers” to see what they could do but mentioned they had quite a few calls about this and are trying to resolve it. I hope the downtime doesn’t count against the trial period. Was really looking forward to seeing if EAP was worth it.

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  9. Hans L

Hans L Member

Activated EAP last night around 8 pm. All seemed fine after a minor update. Went for a drive today - it's been de-activated. Re-booted just to be sure. Nothing. No explanation. No release notes. Here today. Gone tomorrow. Bait and switch. Not cool.

• Informative x 2
    • Disagree x 2
    • Helpful x 1
  10. jgd108

jgd108 Member

Alright so 4 of us and counting having the same issue. I guess they are not in a hurry to make $6k :p
    Also they should really make a notification center / history in the car, things just disappearing isn't cool.
    Please revert back if you guys hear anything.

11. Hans L

Hans L Member

Will do. I tried calling Tesla, but 20+ min wait time. So I went to my Tesla account and submitted a "Ask a Question", stated the issue and provided my VIN #....we'll see if/how they respond.

• Like x 2
  12. BM3LRPUP19

BM3LRPUP19 Member

Same thing happened to me. Enabled yesterday, only got a chance to play with Summon (so much fun), but no time freeway driving for autopilot, and then today all of it disappeared. Thanks all for posting helpful information about Tesla/known issue saving us and Tesla Service a bunch of phone calls.

• Informative x 1
  13. emandude

emandude New Member

Same here. Got to try out AP on the way home from the airport last night. Went to dabble with summon this morning and the trial was gone. I'm guessing it was pulled for a reason. But I'm sure it will come back around.

Attached Files:

• Informative x 1
  14. dragonxt

dragonxt Active Member

Having the same issue, although upon activation nothing happened at all.

• Informative x 1
  15. jgd108

jgd108 Member

Followed @Hans L suggestion to contact Tesla via my account and they said the same:

"
    Thank you for contacting Tesla.

It was brought to our team’s attention that many people who had the trial available have since lost it.

The trial will be made available again to customers who lost it a later time.

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.
    "

So the 7-8 of us will just have to wait after this short tease !

16. Uncle Paul

Uncle Paul Active Member

It well may be that Tesla engineers have discovered some issue with the trials and needed to delete the program. No reason the think they are doing anything nefarious, just trying to do the right thing.

According to brencon the trial will be re-issued as soon as the resolve the issue.

• Like x 1
  17. Hans L

Hans L Member

Got the same email. Hope the re-active the trial soon - I'm out on a 10 day vacation mid-September...

18. Hans L

Hans L Member

Anybody get any updates from Tesla on if/when they'll fix the issue and re-start the EAP 14 day trial?

19. LonghornIrv

LonghornIrv New Member

Had the same issue, except I actually bought the service, then it disappeared a few hours later. I called yesterday and they told me it is a known issue for those who activated the EAP trial. The guy on the phone has told me that multiple people have called about it and the engineers are working on it. He also said if EAP has not come back on by the weekend, to call back for an update :/

20. MrBilly

MrBilly Member

Has anyone gotten any resolution to this? I started an executive care incident on Monday and the only response has been that it is firmware related and I have to wait for that to be fixed and pushed to me then the trial to be pushed again. I'm about to do a lot of driving and don't want to wait. I also don't believe from reading this thread or my experience that the issue is related to the 32.2 update. Mine disappeared before I tried to update. If that is the issue anyway just take me back to the previous version. I haven't noticed any difference. It can't be all model 3 firmware because this issue started less than a week ago. Must be server side. Just push the trial down again!