Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot Trial, disappeared the next day :(

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey! I've been waiting for the 14-day EAP trial since it was announced earlier this month and yesterday afternoon when I went to my car I saw the notice to enable EAP trial, which I promptly enabled.

I did a 3 min drive to confirm it was working fine.

Then last night 1 hour after charging it stopped by itself, around the same time the alert for a software update happened.

When I came to my car I tried to apply the update, but after a while my car was unresponsive, had to reboot the system.

Then I did the upgrade from 2018.28.x to 2018.32.2 and then went for a long drive excited to try out EAP in my M3, but alas it was gone!

Has anybody seen their EAP trial vanish like that? Should I call Tesla support?

Thanks!

Hey! I've been waiting for the 14-day EAP trial since it was announced earlier this month and yesterday afternoon when I went to my car I saw the notice to enable EAP trial, which I promptly enabled.

I did a 3 min drive to confirm it was working fine.

Then last night 1 hour after charging it stopped by itself, around the same time the alert for a software update happened.

When I came to my car I tried to apply the update, but after a while my car was unresponsive, had to reboot the system.

Then I did the upgrade from 2018.28.x to 2018.32.2 and then went for a long drive excited to try out EAP in my M3, but alas it was gone!

Has anybody seen their EAP trial vanish like that? Should I call Tesla support?

Thanks!
Looks like a software update while on a trial is not something that's recommend.

My EAP trial for my Model 3 disappeared this morning. It was activated last night around 4 PM and was gone this morning. I called Tesla support, but they told me that the trial was intended for the Model S and Model X, and not for the Model 3.

Support said they would research the issue and call me back.

• Helpful
Reactions: BM3LRPUP19
My EAP trial for my Model 3 disappeared this morning. It was activated last night around 4 PM and was gone this morning. I called Tesla support, but they told me that the trial was intended for the Model S and Model X, and not for the Model 3.

Support said they would research the issue and call me back.
Wow! It sounds suspicious. They could realise that after some testing people who were not really excited to buy EAP in a first place definitely will not buy after testing... and decided to remove that testing opportunity to M3 at all. But of course it is just a thought.

• Disagree
After being on hold with corporate technical support for over an hour, I was finally put through to someone. They stated that this is a known issue and that it will take their engineers 24-48 hours to reset the trial on my vehicle.

Thanks brencon for creating an account and giving me that info :) Fingers crossed. Now my car is still rebooting and complaining my outlet is too hot while charging. The joys of being a Tesla owner!

Exact same scenario happened to me. Activated EAP sometime around 5pm yesterday and played with the features for a couple hours. Jumped in the car the following morning excited to show off to my wife and then realized firmware updated and EAP gone... closed my eyes and slowly died inside.

Called service center and they said they would forward my vin to the “engineers” to see what they could do but mentioned they had quite a few calls about this and are trying to resolve it. I hope the downtime doesn’t count against the trial period. Was really looking forward to seeing if EAP was worth it.

Alright so 4 of us and counting having the same issue. I guess they are not in a hurry to make $6k :p
Also they should really make a notification center / history in the car, things just disappearing isn't cool.
Please revert back if you guys hear anything.

Alright so 4 of us and counting having the same issue. I guess they are not in a hurry to make $6k :p
Also they should really make a notification center / history in the car, things just disappearing isn't cool.
Please revert back if you guys hear anything.

Will do. I tried calling Tesla, but 20+ min wait time. So I went to my Tesla account and submitted a "Ask a Question", stated the issue and provided my VIN #....we'll see if/how they respond.

Same thing happened to me. Enabled yesterday, only got a chance to play with Summon (so much fun), but no time freeway driving for autopilot, and then today all of it disappeared. Thanks all for posting helpful information about Tesla/known issue saving us and Tesla Service a bunch of phone calls.

• Informative
Reactions: jgd108
Same here. Got to try out AP on the way home from the airport last night. Went to dabble with summon this morning and the trial was gone. I'm guessing it was pulled for a reason. But I'm sure it will come back around.

Attachments

• IMG_2179.JPG
    IMG_2179.JPG
    517.1 KB · Views: 76
  • Informative
Reactions: jgd108
Followed @Hans L suggestion to contact Tesla via my account and they said the same:

"
Thank you for contacting Tesla.

It was brought to our team’s attention that many people who had the trial available have since lost it.

The trial will be made available again to customers who lost it a later time.

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.
"

So the 7-8 of us will just have to wait after this short tease !

It well may be that Tesla engineers have discovered some issue with the trials and needed to delete the program. No reason the think they are doing anything nefarious, just trying to do the right thing.

According to brencon the trial will be re-issued as soon as the resolve the issue.

Reactions: Hans L
Followed @Hans L suggestion to contact Tesla via my account and they said the same:

"
Thank you for contacting Tesla.

It was brought to our team’s attention that many people who had the trial available have since lost it.

The trial will be made available again to customers who lost it a later time.

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.
"

So the 7-8 of us will just have to wait after this short tease !

Got the same email. Hope the re-active the trial soon - I'm out on a 10 day vacation mid-September...

Had the same issue, except I actually bought the service, then it disappeared a few hours later. I called yesterday and they told me it is a known issue for those who activated the EAP trial. The guy on the phone has told me that multiple people have called about it and the engineers are working on it. He also said if EAP has not come back on by the weekend, to call back for an update :/

Has anyone gotten any resolution to this? I started an executive care incident on Monday and the only response has been that it is firmware related and I have to wait for that to be fixed and pushed to me then the trial to be pushed again. I'm about to do a lot of driving and don't want to wait. I also don't believe from reading this thread or my experience that the issue is related to the 32.2 update. Mine disappeared before I tried to update. If that is the issue anyway just take me back to the previous version. I haven't noticed any difference. It can't be all model 3 firmware because this issue started less than a week ago. Must be server side. Just push the trial down again!