TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Autopilot trial?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by RLEE, Jul 31, 2019.

1. RLEE

RLEE Member

Does anyone know when Tesla does autopilot or self driving trials? I was told I would get one but it's been over a month and no trial offer. With the potential increase in price in August, I'd really like to trial before I make up my mind. Do they roll out trials to everyone at once or based on purchase date?

2. Eugr

Eugr Member

When I asked them about a month ago, they said they were not giving AP trials at the moment with no ETA when it becomes available. They also said that even when they give trials, that's for AP+FSD, but not FSD. So I won't be able to get an FSD trial in my LR AWD as it already has AP.

3. insider

insider New Member

I was told something similar in mid-August

4. ElectricEel

ElectricEel Member

Bump* curious if anyone has hear anything new?

I was told around June that they got rid of the trial due to errors on the code where people had it longer than the ere supposed too. they said in June they were looking at a few months and we would see a trial coming out again.

5. Bill Foster

Bill Foster Member

I haven’t heard anything. I asked for a trial about a month ago and they said they weren’t doing them anymore

6. Octo

Octo Member

For good reasons.

7. JasonR67

JasonR67 Member

If I had to guess (this is 100% guess) When V10 comes out, and is reasonably stable they will offer them again.

The only other milestone that they care about is End of Quarter and it's essentially too late to offer a free trial, and convert those trials to paid before the end of this quarter.

8. KerryOH

KerryOH Member

I purchased FSD because I had multiple trials to get comfortable with it. I hope they offer them again in the future.

9. RLEE

RLEE Member

Even if they don't want to do a trial like they used to. I'd be okay with a 7 or 14 day return period in order to make sure I like it. Someone suggest this to Elon.

• Like x 1