TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Autopilot unlimited speed on Kingston Road

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Drone Flyer, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Drone Flyer

Drone Flyer Member

I noticed last night unlimited speed on Autopilot while driving on Kingston road in Scarborough.
    The speed limit is 60 and I was able to go 69 km/h.
    Could it be geo fencing not set up for the area? I don't know if the AP 1 reads the signs or is it programmed in already via GPS and maps.

2. Hugh Mannity

Hugh Mannity Mediocre Member

Yeah the speed limit restriction is weird. I find too on some roads that I think it should be enabled on it isn't?

3. wayner

wayner Active Member

Kingston Road is a divided highway (Hwy 2) from Birchmount Ave to the 401 at Pt Union Rd. There is a median in the middle of the road for that entire stretch. So therefore it meets the classification for unrestricted AP.

4. Drone Flyer

Drone Flyer Member

You could be right.
    Oh well, I thought I might have had a unique situation. LOL!

5. wayner

wayner Active Member

I am pretty sure that this is the case. I live a few hundred metres from this stretch of Kingston Rd so I drive it pretty much every day.

6. Shorty

Shorty Member

I used to live in West Hill years ago. I can see why someone would want to drive as fast as they can along Kingston Rd. :)

7. wayner

wayner Active Member

IMG_0974.JPG I would argue that the area south of Kingston Road is the best Real Estate in the (amalgamated) city of Toronto. It is pretty much the only place in the city where you can get single family homes that overlook Lake Ontario. Here is the view from my backyard - far better views than the Bridle Path, Rosedale or Forest Hill. (This photo is a few years old - the view improved a bit after the ice storm 2+ years ago.)

• Funny x 1
  8. wayner

wayner Active Member

Yesterday I was driving WB on Kingston Road with AP engaged. As soon as I passed Birchmount, which is where the median ends, the AP dropped down to the speed limit.

It might be interesting to try this on other similar roads. One could be the stretch of University Av from King to College.

9. wayner

wayner Active Member

This appears to be "fixed" with the latest upgrade in that you are now limited to 10km over the limit on Kingston Road between Birchmount and the 401 despite the fact that it is a divided highway, albeit with a lower speed limit of (usually) 60km/h.

10. mrElbe

mrElbe Active Member

Also the divided stretch of HWY 26 from Wasaga Beach to Collingwood was unlimited but now limited to 100 kmh ( 90 + 10 ).

11. wallstguy

wallstguy Member

Currently working like this on a lot of roads. Highway 7 being one of them. I can AP at 99 in an 80 zone. It's a glitch with the latest firmware I think

12. Vawlkus

Vawlkus Member

I dunno if it's an issue with software version I have, but I don't have AD limits at all. Going down a 100 series highway, my instrument cluster pegs the speed limit at 161 kph. O.O

13. sakimano

sakimano Member

That's 100 mph. Clearly a km vs mph thing happening with your car.