Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot updates on 2021 Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s strange having a Tesla with fewer “autopilot” features than my Nissan Leaf (no I didn’t buy the $10k FSD). On the Leaf I can choose how far behind I want to follow traffic—1, 2, or 3 car lengths, but on my Model 3? No choice at all. I had FSD for three months but it scared me so often it wasn’t worth using—swerving every time I passed a freeway exit, swerving toward the oncoming traffic when I engaged it before settling in between the lines, waiting far too long to begin braking for cars stopped ahead,

No idea what you’re talking about. Two Model 3’s. Two different years. One enhanced autopilot. One FSD. Both have selectable follow distances. Easily accessible by steering wheel controls and documented in the manual in the car.

EAP and FSD are far from perfect, especially in its current forms; but not be never had the kinds of issues you describe. Especially “every off ramp” as you state. The beta FSD has been exceptional (still not perfect) for the last several versions and it should be a wide public release in about “two weeks”.

Reactions: LBM4