Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot version in Software screen?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same here. Mine still not updated yet, showing EAP. And those ppl kept asking me photos even if I submitted them at the time I made the request for the service. It seems like it is their default customer service manual xD

BTW, my car has another issue of screen turning off while driving(which gave me a panic for the first time), requested for the service, and they told me that OTA will be provided for the update but nope. never happened. It is so weird that they already installed the new MCU, the full self driving computer and still makes such issue.
A week and a half out from my Service visit, I'm still waiting. I might try and bug them either via online chat or trying to set a new appointment for the issue. I found I'm no longer able to message within the app as the related Service visit is already considered closed out seems like.

Are you MCU1 (old infotainment) still? That's the only thing I can think of as far as screen blackouts go

Also, I received the most recent software update last night (2021.4.15). As expected, it did not fix my FSD version labelling issue. Whatever fix they might have in the pipeline from "field support" hasn't been pushed to my car still. Might try bugging Chat Service again

No, they installed the FSD computer which is not MCU 1. They confirmed it with their service invoice and I can see that on my detailed information screen on the car.

As you posted below, I also received the the OTA, and still shows EAP, same as you.
Actually MCU and FSD version are independent of each other. I had started with MCU1 (choppy user interface and touchscreen animations with semi-frequent blackouts and 5+ minute reboots, and dashcam capabilities limited) along with the HW2 computer, then got upgraded to the the FSD computer. I now have MCU2 (much more fluid experience, 2 minute reboots, and better dashcam capability) alongside the FSD computer.

Actually MCU and FSD version are independent of each other. I had started with MCU1 (choppy user interface and touchscreen animations with semi-frequent blackouts and 5+ minute reboots, and dashcam capabilities limited) along with the HW2 computer, then got upgraded to the the FSD computer. I now have MCU2 (much more fluid experience, 2 minute reboots, and better dashcam capability) alongside the FSD computer.
Someone on the forum told me that mine is HW2 or 3.0 as my detailed screen shows Intel Atom infotainment and FSD computer (HW3) so you might wanna check, too.

for Infotainment processors, Nvidia Tegra is MCU1, and Intel Atom is MCU2.

For Autopilot computer, there's 1.0, 2.0, 2.5, and 3.0/FSD.

You can have several combinations of the above infotainment and AP versions. I had MCU1+AP2.0, then MCU1+FSD, and currently have MCU2+FSD.

In any case, I hope this issue doesn't wreck our FSD Beta 9 dreams lol

Reactions: alrnr2232
Here is my update regarding the same issue on this thread-

the mobile service tech visited me for replacing the cabin air filter. He told me that I could ask questions as many as I wanted, so I asked.

On his laptop, all of my vehicle info pop up and it says FSD. He checked the update version of the vehicle and he said that it was the latest update.
He told me that he honestly doesn't know why my screen only shows EAP, but it shouldn't be a problem since Tesla has my vehicle info and I purchased all of the software upgrades, and he said he sees every feature that I have is for FSD.

Well, still can't solve the problem but I have to live with it....

Here is my update regarding the same issue on this thread-

the mobile service tech visited me for replacing the cabin air filter. He told me that I could ask questions as many as I wanted, so I asked.

On his laptop, all of my vehicle info pop up and it says FSD. He checked the update version of the vehicle and he said that it was the latest update.
He told me that he honestly doesn't know why my screen only shows EAP, but it shouldn't be a problem since Tesla has my vehicle info and I purchased all of the software upgrades, and he said he sees every feature that I have is for FSD.

Well, still can't solve the problem but I have to live with it....
That's helpful, thanks! Yeah the Service advisors told me the same, something like "yeah our systems show that you have FSD active on the car, but for some reason it doesn't reflect that on your Software screen. It probably just needs reprogrammed software pushed to your car". I'm surprised it's this hard for them to resolve honestly, but as long as it doesn't mess with our ability to get the FSD features rolled out to us as things develop, I can live with it too

Reactions: alrnr2232