Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot vs FSD features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question for folks that didn't get FSD.

Does your AP menu allow you to select "Chime on Green light"?

Even without engaging AP or NOAP, a ding sound will play to remind you when the light turns green. I thought this is especially a great feature in NYC.

Since my test car has FSD, I am not sure if this is FSD or AP feature. The service rep doesn't know either.

Question for folks that didn't get FSD.

Does your AP menu allow you to select "Chime on Green light"?

Even without engaging AP or NOAP, a ding sound will play to remind you when the light turns green. I thought this is especially a great feature in NYC.

Since my test car has FSD, I am not sure if this is FSD or AP feature. The service rep doesn't know either.

Green light chime is only available with FSD.

Auto pilot does not have the green light chime function on mine. autopilot only. Kinda disappointed as I didn’t realize the test car was FSD
Is there any self steering on autopilot? Or just basically cruise control? How do you turn self steering on?

Auto pilot does not have the green light chime function on mine. autopilot only. Kinda disappointed as I didn’t realize the test car was FSD
Is there any self steering on autopilot? Or just basically cruise control? How do you turn self steering on?

The basic function for your Model Y's Autopilot includes:

1) TACC (cruise)

and

2) Autosteer: You can turn on/turn off at the "Autopilot" menu.

• Informative
Reactions: angus[Y]oung

Moving the shift stalk down once turns on TACC and doing it twice turns on Autopilot. Blue lines should appear on the monitor indicating the roadway. It will steer between the blue lines as well as follow traffic (start and stop). It continues to improve.

Is there any other way to tell if a car has AP instead of FSD? Do the test drive vehicles only have FSD? Thanks.
Yes, when in the car, view the...forget what it's called...'About' page (the one where it displays a pic of the car, model name, VIN, etc.). You'll see Full Self Driving listed if it's got it. Note: this is the same page that was displayed back when the "T" logo was displayed at the top of the screen.