Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot, what do I have?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recently purchased a 2019 MODEL 3 AWD from a 3rd party dealer(less than informed about Teslas) previous owner says he purchased Acceleration Boost in Dec 2019 and FSD upgrade in Jan 2020. Tried confirming this with Tesla prior to purchase, they would offer no information. After purchase only Autosteer and Traffic light visualization are displayed on autopilot page. Acceleration Boost does appear to be active. My account page does show both upgrades purchased, Tesla says FSD was not purchased and car only has HW3. Would the pics give insight into what I actually have?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-08-11 at 7.29.49 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-11 at 7.29.49 AM.png
    939.9 KB · Views: 134
  • Teslascreen.jpg
    Teslascreen.jpg
    759.4 KB · Views: 100
You should be able to verify Full Self Driving, by either the presence of smart summon in the app, or additional settings under Autopilot in your vehicle. (Lane change confirmation should be one) as this is unique between Autopilot and FSD.

You can always take the vehicle for a spin, and while on Autopilot, turn on your turn signal. If it changes lanes for you, you have full self driving.

As others said, you definitely have HW3, and it appears you should also have FSD.

Show a picture of your autopilot settings, and a picture of your "driving" settings. If "Driving" settings has chill and sport mode, then you have the boost. if it has chill and normal, no boost.

For autopilot, you will have settings to enable stop sign and stop light control, as well as navigate on autopilot and summon settings if you have FSD. If no FSD, you'll have less settings.

I have the Chill and Sport mode.
Autopilot, no summons no NoA, is this something Tesla can disable during change in account ownership? Previous owner claims he paid for it as well as ACC Boost. Backed up in theory by the purchase confirmation on the account page. Is Tesla trying to get another 8K for FSD upgrade or did previous owner find a way to scam the system and me. Neither he or Tesla is offering any help

I have the Chill and Sport mode.
Autopilot, no summons no NoA, is this something Tesla can disable during change in account ownership? Previous owner claims he paid for it as well as ACC Boost. Backed up in theory by the purchase confirmation on the account page. Is Tesla trying to get another 8K for FSD upgrade or did previous owner find a way to scam the system and me. Neither he or Tesla is offering any help
You definitely have the Acc boost, with chill and sport modes as options.

It’s been reported they’ve removed FSD in the past, with other models. I wouldn’t suspect Tesla will be of much help on this.

When you go to Upgrades on your app, does it show an option to purchase anything? I know your account page summarizes it, but is there an “Upgrade” option or does it list they’ve all been purchased?

Tesla has disabled features in the past after ownership turnover, I can ABSOLUTELY CONFIRM this since it happened to me not too long ago. If you can prove via CC statement when the FSD was purchased, they'll have to reactivate it (may be quite challenging in your case since it was purchased from a 3rd party dealer).

Ive got to believe this is what's happening, dealer is attempting to get purchase order for upgrade from previous owner, to this point he has only given verbal confirmation. Neither party has much motivation to help I understand that, but it almost seems like theft on Teslas part if thats what happening since my understanding is that upgrades are attached to VIN. Im waiting for my ACC Boost to disappear next.

I recently purchased the FSD upgrade for my car and this is what it looks like when I view my Car Details on the Tesla site...

upload_2020-8-13_8-42-39.png

Looks pretty similar to what your's shows. FSD was purchased after the car was initially sold, and I am not aware of any purchase option Tesla has offered that only updated the HW and not provided the actual feature. This should be an easy thing for them to rectify. If you go to the support page, there is a number you can call. If you press the options to for questions about features on your car, you should get to a live person that can actually help. I have had 0 luck dealing with Tesla chat support for any of my previous issues, but the people on the phone seem to more willing to help when they can.

It's also interesting that your details show that the car has HomeLink but there is no purchase history for that in the car details. I though 2019 model didn't come with HomeLink and it was a separate purchase?
All Model 3s produced after May 30th, 2019, did not include HomeLink as a standard feature. My Feb 2019 build does have HomeLink standard.