Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot when indicating

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I seem to have an issue where autopilot (basic) sometimes doesn’t disengage when I use the indicators.

Sometimes it does, which is great as I can change lanes easily, and sometimes it doesn’t. There is no pattern or logic.
Does anyone else have this problem?

Hi, I seem to have an issue where autopilot (basic) sometimes doesn’t disengage when I use the indicators.

Sometimes it does, which is great as I can change lanes easily, and sometimes it doesn’t. There is no pattern or logic.
Does anyone else have this problem?
As others mentioned you need to move the steering to disengage AP. What you’ve mentioned work in FSD beta where you put the indicator then it steers automatically depending on traffic conditions.

It doesn't disengage when you use the indicators, it disengages when you move the steering wheel. However, with the indicator pressed, the force needed to disengage it is much reduced. I always liked this feature, it is very subtle and nicely thought out.
Yes thats right, if you don't indicate on a motorway the car has a fit and says things like lane departure warning, its especially annoying when returning to the left lane after over taking with no requirement to have to indicate to return to that lane.

• Disagree
Reactions: Mr H and GRiLLA