Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot with Vinyl Wrap: Does it hinder performance?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have vinyl wrap and my Tesla is in service till next week so I haven't had a chance to try Autopilot. Can someone confirm if vinyl wrap covering the radar and sensors limits the functionality of Autopilot? I didn't seem to have much issue with TACC (tho it may have relied more on the camera which isnt covered in wrap) before but hardly used it and when parking the sensors didnt seem to be very consistent in detecting objects. With autopilot it should show how well the sensors are working.

I have vinyl wrap and my Tesla is in service till next week so I haven't had a chance to try Autopilot. Can someone confirm if vinyl wrap covering the radar and sensors limits the functionality of Autopilot? I didn't seem to have much issue with TACC (tho it may have relied more on the camera which isnt covered in wrap) before but hardly used it and when parking the sensors didnt seem to be very consistent in detecting objects. With autopilot it should show how well the sensors are working.

I had my previous older P85 wrapped with 3M 1080 vinyl and it had no effect on the wrapped parking sensors. I'm planning on wrapping the new autopilot-capable car in a few weeks and hoping for the same "no-effect" with the newer ultrasonic/parking sensors.