TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

AutoPilot works great for me but not my wife?

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by Villa-Lobos, Jun 5, 2016.

1. Villa-Lobos

Villa-Lobos Member

She cannot get the car to change lanes with the turn signal. Yet when we change drivers on a trip it works perfectly for me.

Any ideas?

2. ZachShahan

ZachShahan Member

She might just be doing it too quickly. I had that problem when first trying autopilot. Have her try pulling the stalk a little more slowly... Just a little.

Not sure of any other possibilities.

3. Bladerunner

Bladerunner Member

It's part of the driver profile, your wife probably needs to activate line change capability.

• Like x 3
    • Helpful x 1
  4. S4WRXTTCS

S4WRXTTCS Active Member

I would do these three things

Make sure its activated
    Make sure the car see's that there is more then one lane.
    Indicate a change with clicking the turn signal down. Save the holding for another time

5. calisnow

calisnow Active Member

The car clearly plays favorites.

• Funny x 1
  6. ilovemycoffee

ilovemycoffee MS 85D HW1 Late 2015

This.

I couldn't change lanes until I updated my profile. I'm sure I confused a lot of people behind me until I figured that out

7. Villa-Lobos

Villa-Lobos Member

Bladerunner you are correct. we updated and enabled the lane change and now works perfect thanks/

• Like x 1