Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys! Alright so this isn't going to apply to many of you I think but want some thoughts and views. Yes, i understand technology evolves and new stuff will always come out. I have a 2016 fresh facia model s with ap 1. I never bought the autopilot feature but have been thinking about it recently. Last time I check autopilot 1.0 would cost $3000 to activate. My complaint is that all never cars and the "lowely" model 3 come with autopilot 2.0+ for free and activated. Is there any way I can contact Tesla to have autopilot 1.0 be unlocked for ealry adopters there are still many of us out there and we are the reason for all these advancements. Because in a way that $3000 could be used to trade-in for a slightly used model s with autopilot 2.0 so it doesn't make sense. It just does not seem fair to us. Thanks!

You can certainly call and ask but they’re overwhelmingly likely to tell you to pound sand.

The fact that something is available “free” now (which is really just a fancy way of saying “baked in to the cost”) doesn’t fundamentally change the economics for someone who bought years ago.