Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TriManCT

Dec 17, 2020
CT
Hello. In the last couple of trips with the Model Y, when I engage autopilot, it doesn’t nag me to put my hands on the steering wheel. I found this out because I was explaining it to my buddy as it was his first time in a Tesla and I said watch just wait it will nag me, but it never did. Had this happened to anyone.

Still keep my hands on the wheel anyway as it’s a weird feeling not touching the wheel.

Hello. In the last couple of trips with the Model Y, when I engage autopilot, it doesn’t nag me to put my hands on the steering wheel. I found this out because I was explaining it to my buddy as it was his first time in a Tesla and I said watch just wait it will nag me, but it never did. Had this happened to anyone.

Still keep my hands on the wheel anyway as it’s a weird feeling not touching the wheel.

That's odd. Never experienced that. Seems dangerous if it's happening.

I had a loaner M3 with autopilot this week (heater stopped working on my MY). The 1st thing I noticed while on autopilot was traffic lights did not appear on the display. Then I noticed that the car did not stop automatically at green lights (which I liked a lot). Then I noticed that the car did not stop at red lights either (I almost ran 2 red lights before I figured this out) unless I braked. Finally, when my lane abruptly ended (it was marked) the car did not attempt to merge into the lane that continued. I would have wrecked if I did not intervene. Note that I checked the SW version and it was current.

This autopilot behavior is completely different as compared with my MY. How can this be?

Where is the long awaited and delayed autopilot update promised by the CEO?

I had a loaner M3 with autopilot this week (heater stopped working on my MY). The 1st thing I noticed while on autopilot was traffic lights did not appear on the display. Then I noticed that the car did not stop automatically at green lights (which I liked a lot). Then I noticed that the car did not stop at red lights either (I almost ran 2 red lights before I figured this out) unless I braked. Finally, when my lane abruptly ended (it was marked) the car did not attempt to merge into the lane that continued. I would have wrecked if I did not intervene. Note that I checked the SW version and it was current.

This autopilot behavior is completely different as compared with my MY. How can this be?

Sounds like the M3 had autopilot and not FSD

as pointed out, your loaner either did not have Full Self Driving installed on the car, or it was not enabled via the menus.

I doubt you were in FSD mode. Think about it :) Nags have not been removed.