Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2021 MY LR AP kicks out of auto when I make a lane change. Why? If you have your turn signal on I think it should keep you in AP rather than jerk into the other lane and turn off AP. Am I missing a setting somewhere? It’s really annoying to have AP constantly turn off with every lane change.

Are you saying that it will complete the lane change, then AP shuts off? The only problems I have changing lanes in AP is if I don’t push the stalk down all the way for a lane change. If you press it half way (where it gives the three turn signal indications then shuts off) it starts to change lanes then goes back when the turn signal shuts off. If that isn’t what you are talking about then some thing is wrong. Mine completes lane changes just fine.

Reactions: GeezerSquid
sounds like just plain AP. Yes you engage the blinker, AP cancels then you engage AP again once your done. This is how it works. You'll get the rhythm down so it become seamless. Also at no point does the TACC turn off so it's just a slight turn of the wheel to change lanes.

My 2021 MY LR AP kicks out of auto when I make a lane change. Why? If you have your turn signal on I think it should keep you in AP rather than jerk into the other lane and turn off AP. Am I missing a setting somewhere? It’s really annoying to have AP constantly turn off with every lane change.

The "Setting" you are probably missing is "purchase of the full self driving option for $12k additional". Feature set, directly from teslas website below. Lane change is a feature of full self driving. If you dont have full self driving, you dont have that feature, thus this is how it will work.

Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 8.44.58 AM.png

I see above that Traffic and Stop sign control is listed under FSD, however it is implied in the manual that this feature is part of the "traffic awareness" of the standard Autopilot feature without FSD.

Basically I am wondering if the standard AP will stop at red lights and stop signs, or at least warn the driver if approaching those too fast.

I see above that Traffic and Stop sign control is listed under FSD, however it is implied in the manual that this feature is part of the "traffic awareness" of the standard Autopilot feature without FSD.

Basically I am wondering if the standard AP will stop at red lights and stop signs, or at least warn the driver if approaching those too fast.
Manual is wrong. Traffic and Stop sign control option only shows up in FSD

Tesla did this on purpose to make AP annoying , eventually 1 out of 1000 owners will bite it with $12000.

Reactions: C-Bus Y
Yes, its annoying and not how my previous 2 cars with lane keeping work (2010 Prius and 2017 Prime). For those, when you put on your blinker it temporarily disables lane keeping, once you change lanes and turn off your blinker it automatically resumes.

Sadly, the Tesla adds extra steps and sounds to the process. Quite annoying on long trips when ppl are trying to sleep in the back.

Reactions: C-Bus Y
I just picked up my YP and tried the autopilot. Yes, once you make a lane change by yourself, the autopilot will turn off the lane keeping status but remain ACC. However, if I pull the sticker down once, it won't resume the lane keeping autopilot status anymore. Therefore, I had to stop autopilot and turned it one again manually.

I just picked up my YP and tried the autopilot. Yes, once you make a lane change by yourself, the autopilot will turn off the lane keeping status but remain ACC. However, if I pull the sticker down once, it won't resume the lane keeping autopilot status anymore. Therefore, I had to stop autopilot and turned it one again manually.
Push the stalk down twice to re-engage AP

Reactions: Arthur31