Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AutoPilot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just curious. Is NoA available on those sections? What about the adjacent sections where speed limit changes are not picked up?

Is there any correlation between NoA availability and whether speed limit recognition and/or compliance is enabled?
I don't recall NoA being active on any of those sections. But I don't have EAP on either of my current Teslas so can't check now. For me speed limit compliance was linked with Autosteer being active i.e. AP or EAP. TACC alone always ignored speed limit changes for me. I never found the speed limit compliance very useful anyway as it's always too slow to react. Going from a 60 to 50 limit could easily take 100 m or more after the sign.

How are people with none radar cars noticing phantom braking?

I did my first long drive in ages this week, zero phantom braking at all in all types of road conditions. Its a real shame FSD cannot deal with roundabouts and traffics lights yet, as the M-way/Dual carriage way performance seems pretty good and consistent. I didn't know if the non radar equipped cars were the ones suffer worse phantom braking?

How are people with none radar cars noticing phantom braking?

I did my first long drive in ages this week, zero phantom braking at all in all types of road conditions. Its a real shame FSD cannot deal with roundabouts and traffics lights yet, as the M-way/Dual carriage way performance seems pretty good and consistent. I didn't know if the non radar equipped cars were the ones suffer worse phantom braking?
Phantom braking exists but I spent over 500 miles testing EAP under various road conditions and now have a very good idea when the car might do phantom braking vs automatic emergency brake on most of my routes. I avoid using AP on all those roads and the experience suddenly is fantastic with 0 issues. As I mentioned on another thread, EAP is like a beginner and a nervous driver so one has to understand its capabilities and limitation to know when to use it.