TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Autopilot

Discussion in 'Model X' started by cmc5dc, Aug 30, 2016.

1. cmc5dc

cmc5dc Member

Did I miss something, AP is limited to 60 mph? I was traveling on Interstate 5 and the speed limit is 70 mph but AP would only travel at 60 mph.

2. Amoroso6

Amoroso6 Member

is the car in vallet mode?

3. UnitaryExecutive

There are some roads where it won't let you set it above a certain speed

4. ABCD

ABCD Member

It must have been a construction zone (or recent zone that wasnt updated) where it was tagged as 55 (and because of that only +5mph). I take it you didnt notice a speed limit icon on the AP display? If you see that again, check the speed it sees on the dash display (and should also get an alert that you are limited to +5 in that area). I've been up/down I5 on AP as fast as 85 (I think the hard limit is around 90 on open freeway)

• Funny x 1
  5. rickgt

rickgt Enthusiast owner/member

No limit on actual freeways or limited access highways... secondary roads or special situations are limited to 5mph over the posted limit. If you must, you can push on the accelerator to override. But, this is a safety issue.