Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopremier docks in Grimsby

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With the rumour that Autopremier could by carrying Tesla vehicles for North-England and Scotland fulfilment, I wonder if anyone is in that neck of the woods to check it out?

Autopremier has just docked in Grimsby now, ready to start unloading.

Screenshot 2019-08-05 at 08.35.23.png

Doesn't it look small compared to all of the others cars parked up

I don't know the vehicle capacity of Autopremier, but it has a GRT of 11591 compared to Triumph Ace's 55880. These numbers don't mean a huge amount, but perhaps give some idea of the scale?

With a number of vehicles making their way by land for Heathrow, and perhaps 40% off to mainland Europe, it's maybe conceivable? I'm not a logistics expert (I'm not even a novice), so this is all complete guesswork. Take it all with a giant pinch of salt! ;)

Reactions: Roy W.
I don't know the vehicle capacity of Autopremier, but it has a GRT of 11591 compared to Triumph Ace's 55880. These numbers don't mean a huge amount, but perhaps give some idea of the scale?

With a number of vehicles making their way by land for Heathrow, and perhaps 40% off to mainland Europe, it's maybe conceivable? I'm not a logistics expert (I'm not even a novice), so this is all complete guesswork. Take it all with a giant pinch of salt! ;)

This seems to suggest 1,220 car max (but probably less Teslas because they're heavy) UECC

Of course it could be half full with some other manufacturers cars for all we know...

Reactions: dst87
The Autopremier goes back and forth all the time, it is a complete guess if that is transporting Tesla cars, some people think the initial deliveries were put directly onto transporters (although in this case you would think that is probably less efficient.) The only way we will know is if someone goes to one of these ports and has a look :)