Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autosteer is better

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I drove today for the first time in weeks. Got a software update a few days ago so decided to test autosteer. It's had a major improvement. There is one section of the highway near my house where there is a pretty extreme bend in the road. At one point along the bend the right most lane ends and merges. So for a short stretch while it's merging it's a full two lanes wide, while still bending to the left. In the past when I tried auto steer right there it would freak out and tell me to take the wheel as soon as the line between the two merging lanes disappeared. Today it handled it flawlessly and just followed the curve of the line on the left side. :cool:

Next time I'm out that way I'll try staying in the right lane and see what it does.

Similar results here. Previous tricky areas seem to be less problematic with this latest version.

It's fun to see AI at work in a real, tangible way. I wish there was some way to say, "Good job" when it successfully navigates what used to be a panic area. It's kinda like watching our one year old grandson navigate around our house!

I have found that over the past few months the car much better with handling merging and not weaving when the road suddenly gets wider while on NOA. This includes construction areas where there are odd angles to deal with.