Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autosteer reliability different between Model Y & X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I spent three days with a new Model Y recently and put the vehicle through its paces as best I could with regards to Autopilot. Did very well, especially Autosteer, on the highway in almost 100% of road and traffic conditions.

Where I did have issues was with it becoming confused on off ramps and merging from the offramp. Don't believe it was me, but could have been my impatience.

On two lane roads the Autosteer did not behave well if the road was partially obscured by tree shade. Had issues on multiple occasions. Anyone else have this issue?

Also, any Model X or S drivers have these types of issues? Figured the higher end of the model lineup may include some different internals for better reliability with Autopilot functionality.

Thanks in advance!

I spent three days with a new Model Y recently and put the vehicle through its paces as best I could with regards to Autopilot. Did very well, especially Autosteer, on the highway in almost 100% of road and traffic conditions.

Where I did have issues was with it becoming confused on off ramps and merging from the offramp. Don't believe it was me, but could have been my impatience.

On two lane roads the Autosteer did not behave well if the road was partially obscured by tree shade. Had issues on multiple occasions. Anyone else have this issue?

Also, any Model X or S drivers have these types of issues? Figured the higher end of the model lineup may include some different internals for better reliability with Autopilot functionality.

Thanks in advance!
Same hardware/software, nothing different for apples to apples comparison.