Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autosteer restricted question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was hoping someone could help me out with this problem. Whenever I try to set autopilot to 10 mile past the speed limit (trying to go 65 from 55 to keep up with traffic) I get the notice "autosteer is restricted" and can't go anymore than 5 mph over the speed limit. I previously disabled the traffic light and stop sign option weeks ago. This is driving me crazy. Thanks in advance for the help!

I was hoping someone could help me out with this problem. Whenever I try to set autopilot to 10 mile past the speed limit (trying to go 65 from 55 to keep up with traffic) I get the notice "autosteer is restricted" and can't go anymore than 5 mph over the speed limit. I previously disabled the traffic light and stop sign option weeks ago. This is driving me crazy. Thanks in advance for the help!
Where exactly did this happen, what roads?
Autosteer has a +5 mph limit on non-divided highways or city streets.

If it was a divided highway, it is possible the maps do not have that road labeled properly at that section.
Outside of Charlotte, we have a 2 line state road being converted to a 4 lane divide state highway - large sections have been done for years now, yet Autopilot is limited to only +5 mph over posted speed limit because the road is not yet listed as a divided highway.

If the road isn't divided 5mph is the most you can set Autopilot over the posted (seen) speed limit. If you don't use the lane keep feature and just use the traffic aware feature you can exceed this ceiling. If you are on a divided highway this 5mph ceiling is removed.

Where exactly did this happen, what roads?
Autosteer has a +5 mph limit on non-divided highways or city streets.

If it was a divided highway, it is possible the maps do not have that road labeled properly at that section.
Outside of Charlotte, we have a 2 line state road being converted to a 4 lane divide state highway - large sections have been done for years now, yet Autopilot is limited to only +5 mph over posted speed limit because the road is not yet listed as a divided highway.

I just got back from a short vacation and I think you nailed it. The roads aren't labeled properly. Some I could go past the 5mph restriction and some I couldn't. Thanks for the help!

Reactions: mikes_fsd