Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autosteer temporarily unavailable after software update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I updated to 10.69.2.3 last night. When I drove to work this morning, I was unable to shift into cruise control or autosteer. I have had the FSD beta for about 3 weeks now. Both error messages I received were “autosteer/cruise control temporarily unavailable.”

Has anyone else experienced this, and what was the resolution? Not sure if I need to contact Tesla for a service.

Interesting. When I got to work I manually powered the car off, waited a few seconds, turned it back on and it still wasn’t working. I’ll leave it be for a little bit and go check in a few hours.

You can reboot the system by holding down both scroll wheels on the steering wheel. I don't think powering off the car does anything to reset the system.

Was on FSD Beta this morning and merging onto Interstate feeder and I got the Red Steering Wheel of death. Not sure if it was on the Beta Stack or had switched to the AP Stack but I suspect it was on the AP Stack when it happened. Then flashed "Cruise Control Disabled" and " Auto Emergency Braking Disabled". Of course I couldn't engage Beta or TACC. Tried a reset while driving still the same, When I got to a Red Light tried Park and still the same. I Powered Down and letting it sit and "think about it". Will check again after lunch.

EDIT: Also I did NOT get the 69.2.3 update last night.

IMG_1786.jpeg

Last edited:
Was on FSD Beta this morning and merging onto Interstate feeder and I got the Red Steering Wheel of death. Not sure if it was on the Beta Stack or had switched to the AP Stack but I suspect it was on the AP Stack when it happened. Then flashed "Cruise Control Disabled" and " Auto Emergency Braking Disabled". Of course I couldn't engage Beta or TACC. Tried a reset while driving still the same, When I got to a Red Light tried Park and still the same. I Powered Down and letting it sit and "think about it". Will check again after lunch.

View attachment 860229
Powering off, resetting and letting it “sleep” for about half an hour did the trick for me. Never had an issue before the software update last night. Seems like a bug

View attachment 860229
If this happens again, press the camera button in the system tray to bring up rear and blind spot cameras. I've had it where one of the cameras is out, with a spinning circle over a black image. Deep sleep fixes it.

View attachment 860229
Were you ever able to figure out or solve this problem? I’m currently having the same issue.

Were you ever able to figure out or solve this problem? I’m currently having the same issue.
Check your cameras - press the Camera button and see if one of the cameras (your rear or blindspot) is showing black. Every now and again one of my cameras goes out (usually my right side repeater), and functions stop working until the camera comes back online (after a full power off - just park the car at home and disable Sentry Mode to make sure the car fully powers down).