Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autosteer unavailable - “please take control immediately”

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was driving and attempted to turn on auto drive but all of a sudden it gave me this annoying beeping sound and told me to “take Control immediately” and that my auto drive is unavailable. It’s been happening more recently for some reason. Any idea why? Also, my max speed is turning on and off for some reason and doesn’t consistently stay on.

Firmware version: 2022.12.3.12.

I’m getting frustrated. Help!

Are you driving faster than 80-85mph? Is this on highway or city streets? Is lane marker visible? Are you well above speed limit when initiating?

What are your settings in TACC?

We need more details. Kthx
Not driving faster than 70, was on the freeway and streets, lane markers are visible, and slightly above speed limit when initiating.

Nothing out of the ordinary in TACC. Just the usual.

My car is clean and nothing is blocking any of the cameras or sensors. I’ll post a video if I can catch it again.

Thanks for the help.

Upvote 0
Not driving faster than 70, was on the freeway and streets, lane markers are visible, and slightly above speed limit when initiating.

Nothing out of the ordinary in TACC. Just the usual.

My car is clean and nothing is blocking any of the cameras or sensors. I’ll post a video if I can catch it again.

Thanks for the help.

Mine gives me the "unavailable" message occasionally, but when I try it again a few seconds later, it works just fine. At least once I was near the centerline, but I have no idea if that was the reason.

Upvote 0