Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autosteer veering into left lane line

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car is a 2017 75D with AP2. This problem has been getting progressively worse for the last year, through many upgrades. Right after each upgrade, when engaging Autosteer on the freeway, the car will center itself pretty well until the freeway goes into a long sweeping left curve. In that curve it moves toward the left lane line as most drivers do. When completing the curve and back on a straightaway, it never again centers itself. It stays left of the center of the lane (even shows itself off-center in the IC display),then very gradually moves ever closer to the left lane line until it actually touches it at which point it corrects to the right so radically that it disengages itself. If there's a car in the left lane, I have to tug it to the right hard enough that it disengages before touching the lane line. It's now so bad that I usually can't drive more than a quarter mile on Autosteer.
When in for 2-yr routine maintenance in June, before the problem had made Autosteer totally unusable, I mentioned it but was told that because Autosteer is a "beta" feature, there's nothing they can do about it on a local level. I entered the complaint on my page at Tesla.com but never got a reply after waiting a month. Navigate on Autopilot? Sheesh, I can't even drive on Autosteer, let alone Navigate on Autopilot.