Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autosteer

WannabeOwner

Nov 2, 2015
Suffolk, UK
I was impressed with it and it wasn't engaged...

That's me.

I have found myself to have been travelling for some time and thinking it was engaged ... only when car started to drift out of lane, and I found how easy it was for my one-hand-on-wheel to correct it, that I realised. The Icon on the dashboard is completely clear of course ...

I reckon that the half-and-half before we get to full Autonomy will have these sorts of issues

Reactions: SimonTe

elecTED

Jun 21, 2019
Bristol, UK
For the first week or so I genuinely thought auto-steer was absolutely cr*p. I enabled through the console and kept drifting towards the lane markings. Even gave some in-laws a demo of the car and quickly glossed over the fact that it couldn’t stay in lane in full autopilot mode.

Then I became aware of the double whack that needs to be performed on the mode selector stick to activate auto steer and eureka!

Total spanner....

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC