Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autosteering

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well 1000 miles on the 90D and fingers crossed, no significant problems. Auto steer works well, but I noticed it can be a little jerky on curves - not horrible, but not totally smooth. Today I decided to try out steering set at the comfort level. I don't think it's my imagination, as I was not expecting it, but auto steering with this setting ( vs standard ) seems to be much smoother both on initialization and on curves. Has anyone else noticed this effect?

Well 1000 miles on the 90D and fingers crossed, no significant problems. Auto steer works well, but I noticed it can be a little jerky on curves - not horrible, but not totally smooth. Today I decided to try out steering set at the comfort level. I don't think it's my imagination, as I was not expecting it, but auto steering with this setting ( vs standard ) seems to be much smoother both on initialization and on curves. Has anyone else noticed this effect?
After 4000 miles in Sig XP90D, I agree on your description, and it is improving. Thank you for sharing the suggestion of changing the comfort level, it did not occur to me that might adjust the auto steering variable in the program.

Yes, comfort is much better, particularly when changing lanes......

So does this improvement have to come about from my car learning the roads it drives on or will you all teach it? Right now I have only tried it on three roads and it was way to jerky for me so it's not getting turned back on again until I find out what makes it 'learn'.

Ignoring the RTFM adage at my own peril!
It was my first day with AutoPilot on our MX yesterday and loved it except that it did not realize that it does not steer based on the navigation directions :). I guess I had incorrectly assumed that it will be follow the exit on its own. May be one day soon :)
Some say he's still on the highway...

So does this improvement have to come about from my car learning the roads it drives on or will you all teach it? Right now I have only tried it on three roads and it was way to jerky for me so it's not getting turned back on again until I find out what makes it 'learn'.
The whole fleet is teaching your car. You can contribute too. Turn on that autopilot! ;)

Reactions: stevezzzz
With the latest update did anyone notice that the car refuses to change lane if there is another vehicle too close behind in the lane you want to move to? And once the car has a safe distance it will initiate lane change.
This seems like a huge improvement as earlier the driver had to pay attention not to cut short in front of approaching traffic.

• Helpful
Reactions: Hengist