Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autotall not working - please help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

After several years of procrastination, I finally registered for Autotoll. I was aware that due to the thickness of the Tesla Model S windscreen, you were supposed to get this installed in the nose of the car. However, Autotoll issued me with a a sticker. I gave it to Tesla and they stuck it on the windscreen.

Sure enough, I tried going through the Autotoll and it didn't work.

Has anyone else encountered this? If so, how did you remedy the situation? Should I contact the autotoll people to find a solution?

Cheers

Nachrichten-Bild(37703012).jpg
I had the same problem in France for Highway Autotoll.
You should put it on the upper right side of the mirror (Black surface) and it should work (for Model S).

Reactions: wesley888
I am using Autotoll. I put the tag at the lower right corner of the windscreen, and it works perfectly. Mine was 2017 S90D. I heard that for pre-facelift model, they need to install the tag inside the nose c

Same model, same location, same success. As stated by Patrick, there's a pre-determined location for installation where they've omitted the metallic film to ensure the best signal. Thankfully, I found the bottom right corner works fine and I can drive through Autotoll gantries at full speed without issue. I'm glad as I detest windscreen graffiti! (Stickers, tags, labels and trinkets)

Can someone please show me a photo of how they installed the sticker autotoll on their model S?

I had a Tesla guy install the first one and it didn't work. I have a replacement and I am scared of where to put it because I am hearing conflicting reports. If I put it in the bottom right hand corner I noticed that there is a Tesla print on the windshield where I fear it would disturb the signal. If I put it next to the rear view mirror - that is where the Tesla guy installed the last one and it didn't work.

View attachment 224641
I had the same problem in France for Highway Autotoll.
You should put it on the upper right side of the mirror (Black surface) and it should work (for Model S).

Can someone please show me a photo of how they installed the sticker autotoll on their model S?

if you wanna test it out, it's easy to just blu-tack your autotoll sticker that that suggested area and see if it works. dont worry if you go past the toll booth and it didn't register - you have an autotoll account and the tunnel company has camera that catches your license plate, they still deduct money correctly and you're not in any trouble.

my 70D is pre-facelift and i installed mine in the nose cone. it's a bit awkward to pop the nose cone out and if you haven't done it before it could take you forever. if you do, it's an easy 5-10 min job including putting the autotoll in a ziploc bag and taping it up neatly.

Can someone please tell me how to get the sticker? I'v gone through the whole autotoll website and cant find anyway to change my tag to the sticker.

My current tag has been in the front bumper (old model s) and all covered in duct tape/ glue. Now that I have to put on the windscreen (New S) I want to change to the sticker but can't find where to get it.

Can someone please tell me how to get the sticker? I'v gone through the whole autotoll website and cant find anyway to change my tag to the sticker.

My current tag has been in the front bumper (old model s) and all covered in duct tape/ glue. Now that I have to put on the windscreen (New S) I want to change to the sticker but can't find where to get it.
Simply call Auto toll customer service, tell them you want to change to sticker tag, then will then mail it to you, absolutely free.

thanks, Just called them but apparently they are changing all tags to stickers next year and i will have to wait a few months. Or give $50 for new one..

Is the old one not working? I find driving through the toll booth a few times with the red light flashing, and then calling up to complain, is conducive to them resolving their problem.