Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autotrader article on Petro Fast charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Were the actual locations announced then? I don't recall seeing actual addresses of the locations until today

Yes, Petro-Canada = Suncor.

Electric Vehicle and Alternative Fuel Infrastructure Deployment Initiative - Successful Applicants – Phase 2 | Natural Resources Canada

They gave plausible service station locations, though there will probably be a few changes to the original list. The same for Hydro-Quebec, FLO/Canadian Tire and several others. The exception to the rule is the numbered company (Hydro-One) that provided dummy locations.

Reactions: Xelloss99 and TLej
I wish they were doing highway 16 (Yellowhead) as well as highway 1. Would be nice to be able to go to Jasper a little more easily, as well as east through Lloyd to Saskatoon.

Take a look at the link RiverBrick posted.

That shows Canadian Tire putting in DC fast chargers in Hinton, Edson, Edmonton (South Edmonton Common), Lloydminster, North Battleford, and Martensville which would cover the Jasper-Edmonton-Saskatoon route.

It also shows Prince Albert, Humboldt, Melfort, for further east, and covers Swift Current, Regina, Weyburn, Estevan for the southern Saskatchewan route, continuing on to Manitoba.

Lets hope for a CCS combo adapter soon.

Take a look at the link RiverBrick posted.

That shows Canadian Tire putting in DC fast chargers in Hinton, Edson, Edmonton (South Edmonton Common), Lloydminster, North Battleford, and Martensville which would cover the Jasper-Edmonton-Saskatoon route.

It also shows Prince Albert, Humboldt, Melfort, for further east, and covers Swift Current, Regina, Weyburn, Estevan for the southern Saskatchewan route, continuing on to Manitoba.

Lets hope for a CCS combo adapter soon.
That's a great link - thanks!

Why is the government of Canada paying for Natural Gas stations?

1) Are there ANY natural gas cars?

2) IT'S A FOSSIL FUEL!

3) Each funding of a station at the cost full price for four or so 12 stall Supercharging stations. ROFL

P.S. The hydrogen stations aren't any better IMO. :p The hydrogen for them is either refined natural gas, with the CO2 emissions that implies, or took roughly 3x the electricity production to produce the same locomotion versus BEV.

Reactions: S'toon
Dorchester Ontario’s fast chargers are under construction. @Doug_G could you move this to the Canada forum?
4D7E1C93-2643-41D9-921F-6601A9A881AF.jpeg

Reactions: I am 3LECTRIC
Hi All.

Do I understand correctly that I need another adapter to use Petro Cannada fpr my 2021 Model Y ?
Yes, you need a Chademo adapter. It will only give a max charging speed of 50kW.

Some PC locations have Level 2 chargers that use J1772 and will work with your included J1772 adapter. The Dorchester PC station pictured above in @MarcoRP ’s post has a Level 2 as well as Level 3 chargers.