Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autowipers now mandatory when cruise is on!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With the last update it makes the wipers go to auto when the cruise is engaged. I have all my auto settings turned off. Not using Autosteer. I treat my windshield with a wax and don’t need them on as much as the AI says I do! I purchased the vehicle without this feature and would like it back the way it was. What’s next? Regulating how fast I can go?

I remember I treated my M3 windshield with rain x without giving much thought about the auto wipers. I let it wear out and never applied it again.

On my MYP I didn’t even bother adding any sort of rain/water repellent products.

I might not have the same experience as you, I don’t have a bad experience with auto wipers, or even auto high beams as a lot of people complain about. I find they work just fine for me.

Reactions: JDEWD250
With the last update it makes the wipers go to auto when the cruise is engaged. I have all my auto settings turned off. Not using Autosteer. I treat my windshield with a wax and don’t need them on as much as the AI says I do! I purchased the vehicle without this feature and would like it back the way it was. What’s next? Regulating how fast I can go?
The AI doesn’t know anything about your wax.