Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AutoX class question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Casually will anyone care? No

With no mods, running wider wheels than stock puts you into ASP (for a P3D). But if you run in BS highly doubt anyone will challenge. You can run 265-35-19 tires on a 19x8.5 wheel and that's allowed. Maybe if you go to nationals someone will care.

If you want to do suspension mods, most mods for sale involve spherical bearings and that will drop you into SM.

Casually will anyone care? No

With no mods, running wider wheels than stock puts you into ASP (for a P3D). But if you run in BS highly doubt anyone will challenge. You can run 265-35-19 tires on a 19x8.5 wheel and that's allowed. Maybe if you go to nationals someone will care.

If you want to do suspension mods, most mods for sale involve spherical bearings and that will drop you into SM.

What he ^ said.

Man, I am still confused on this, maybe just me but if not we could sure use a step by step what common improvements are allowed and the class line that we cross when doing the next.

For example, please correct as I don't know and this is a wild guess. Add other popular upgrades too.

B Street
Stock Performance 3 with PUP and 20" sport wheels (20X8.5" Front / Rear +35 offset) 235/35 20 Tires (has to stay 200 UTQG treadwear)
Wheel width can't change
Change to 18" or 19"?
Change up to 265/X?
Change up to XXX/40?
Change brake lines to stainless steel
Change brake fluid
Change brake pads to track or street /track ? Any limit?

A Street Prepared (Now I am not sure where the spherical bearings come in on these products or which, all, etc. are counted)
Change to MPP Sport Coilovers
Change to MMP Rear Toe arms
Change to MPP Rear Camber arms
Change to MPP Front Upper Control Arms

Street Modified
Change to MPP Rear Trailing Arm
Change to MPP Rear Traction Arm
Change to MPP Front Lower Control Arm Bearing
UP Front or Rear Sway Bar

Man, I am still confused on this, maybe just me but if not we could sure use a step by step what common improvements are allowed and the class line that we cross when doing the next.

For example, please correct as I don't know and this is a wild guess. Add other popular upgrades too.

B Street
Stock Performance 3 with PUP and 20" sport wheels (20X8.5" Front / Rear +35 offset) 235/35 20 Tires (has to stay 200 UTQG treadwear)
Wheel width can't change
Change to 18" or 19"? 19" based on only being able to go down 1 size. Offset must be within +/-7mm.
Change up to 265/X? Can do any size that fits without modification
Change up to XXX/40?
Change brake lines to stainless steel Yes
Change brake fluid
Change brake pads to track or street /track ? Any limit? Any material can be used.
A single sway bar can be removed or upgraded.

A Street Prepared (Now I am not sure where the spherical bearings come in on these products or which, all, etc. are counted)
You can run upgraded rotors, and calipers as long as they are the equal to or greater than stock size.
F/R upgraded sway bars are allowed.
Any change to MPP components (or anything currently available) will bump you out of this class because they contain spherical bearings.

Street Modified
This is likely where most of us with aftermarket parts will end up. Almost all mods are allowed, with the exceptions that are spelled out.

Change to 18" or 19"? 19" based on only being able to go down 1 size.

I think you could get one with 19" too so maybe ok to go down 1 to 18"

Edit
Nope just checked have to have 20" if performance but if other trim models have 19 or 18 would 18 be allowed?

Edit
Nope just checked have to have 20" if performance but if other trim models have 19 or 18 would 18 be allowed?

Correct, if you are racing a P3D stealth or non P3D you would be allowed to use 17, 18, 19 or 20. P3D+ can only use 19, 20 or 21

Edit

Unless you are repeatedly winning the class, and you are protested by someone in the know, I doubt you'll have issues running 18" on the Performance 3 with performance upgrade package.