Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AutoX times on UHP All Seasons vs Stickier tires?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You probably will want to go buy a pump up weed killer sprayer from a garden supply place or Home Depot. In short order, you'll want to start spraying your tires between runs, especially during these summer months.
Go equipped to your next autox and talk to others about it. It's pretty easy to get street tires to overheat.

Reactions: Lindenwood
7FC8D58C-AB5C-422A-A6F4-D9DC9FEEBB56.jpeg

I am still figuring out what I want to do for the 2nd set of wheels and tires, but I am super excited for my 2nd AutoX next weekend with all the @MountainPass goodies installed, even on the all-seasons.

I am still experimenting with toe, but I have settled on -2.1F and -1.5R camber.

I also need to play around with the damper settings for the race because I have them pretty loose for daily work but can feel more body roll than stock dampers + H&R coils.

Reactions: dsgerbc
I also need to play around with the damper settings for the race because I have them pretty loose for daily work but can feel more body roll than stock dampers + H&R coils.
@Lindenwood Which version of the MPP coilovers do you have? (e.g. Sport, Comfort)
What are/were your damper settings that body roll description is based on?

I don't have the same coilovers as you but I imagine someone who does might be interested to know that.

@Lindenwood Which version of the MPP coilovers do you have? (e.g. Sport, Comfort)

I don't have the same coilovers as you but I imagine someone who does might be interested to know that.
These are Comfort Adjustables. Up front, I am running 14 of 18 clicks (from full stiff) Compression, and 12 clicks Rebound. In the rear, I am running 12/12.

Over the next week I am going to experiment with stiffer settings, and may drill a couple small holes in the frunk liner so I can adjust the front rebound more easily for events.

I do have a little more body roll given I went from lowering springs (inherently a bit stiffer than stock, especially rising on the secondary springs), but actual handling is much better with the Coilovers given how much better they allow the wheels to track over road imperfections.

E6B6D9CC-8532-47D4-B8D3-88259F09DBD2.jpeg

For the original topic, I am moving to Florida this winter so I was hoping to just hold out until then and run good Summers year-round. However, I am actually kinda concerned I have ruined (or am going to ruin) the rubber on my all-seasons, to the point the compound won’t remain sufficient for the light winter driving I will need to do from November to Feb….

4FAB3673-6337-4975-8D9E-C3A3352CE856.jpeg

I do have a little more body roll given I went from lowering springs (inherently a bit stiffer than stock, especially rising on the secondary springs), but actual handling is much better with the Coilovers given how much better they allow the wheels to track over road imperfections.

View attachment 829151
I was just asking because I imagine others with the same coilovers would want to compare setup notes, that's all. No criticism intended, I'm 100% sure you have much better handling now with the "Comfort" coilovers, even if the springs are softer than your old lowering springs.

For the original topic, I am moving to Florida this winter so I was hoping to just hold out until then and run good Summers year-round. However, I am actually kinda concerned I have ruined (or am going to ruin) the rubber on my all-seasons, to the point the compound won’t remain sufficient for the light winter driving I will need to do from November to Feb….

View attachment 829150
Yeah...I'd stop doing autox on those if I were you. That's not expert advice, it's just my 2c. Honestly I'd stop autoxing them anyways even if snow wasn't in the picture, unless the goal is to ruin them. Which is a valid goal if you so choose. ;)

Reactions: Lindenwood
I was just asking because I imagine others with the same coilovers would want to compare setup notes, that's all. No criticism intended, I'm 100% sure you have much better handling now with the "Comfort" coilovers, even if the springs are softer than your old lowering springs.

Yeah...I'd stop doing autox on those if I were you. That's not expert advice, it's just my 2c. Honestly I'd stop autoxing them anyways even if snow wasn't in the picture, unless the goal is to ruin them. Which is a valid goal if you so choose. ;)
No no, 100% understood your purely-academic intent!

Sigh. Gonna have to sneak the tires in on this one :p .

• Funny
Reactions: tm1v2