TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

AUX input, I've tried 3 different options..

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Proxlamus, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Proxlamus

Proxlamus Member

Help.... I'm trying to connect my standalone Sirius XM radio to my Model S without using the terrible FM modulator.
    Step 1 ..I've tried plugging in a bluetooth transmitter to my sirius XM via AUX but I discovered that the Tesla does not recognize A2DP protocol, so no bluetooth connection.
    Step 2.. I know the Tesla recognizes USB flash drives, so I have a bluetooth USB adapter to receive my A2DP signal. No luck as the Tesla did not recognize the USB input
    Step 3.. used a USB to AUX adapter ... No luck either the Tesla did not recognize the USB input .

Other than telling me to pay for the upgraded sound system and cut out my glass roof and install the panoramic roof and install a Sirius XM radio, how else can I connect an auxiliary power cord to the Tesla?

[​IMG]

2. Proxlamus

Proxlamus Member

Also I pay $7 a month per an existing contract that I have. So when I tried to cancel with Sirius XM and tried to switch to streaming service they said we will send you a free radio. Please try it out and see if you like it.. I didn't think I'd run into the issues I'm having .

So I asked to change over to streaming but it's $20 a month minimum which I refuse to pay.