Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AUX input, I've tried 3 different options..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Help.... I'm trying to connect my standalone Sirius XM radio to my Model S without using the terrible FM modulator.
Step 1 ..I've tried plugging in a bluetooth transmitter to my sirius XM via AUX but I discovered that the Tesla does not recognize A2DP protocol, so no bluetooth connection.
Step 2.. I know the Tesla recognizes USB flash drives, so I have a bluetooth USB adapter to receive my A2DP signal. No luck as the Tesla did not recognize the USB input
Step 3.. used a USB to AUX adapter ... No luck either the Tesla did not recognize the USB input .

Other than telling me to pay for the upgraded sound system and cut out my glass roof and install the panoramic roof and install a Sirius XM radio, how else can I connect an auxiliary power cord to the Tesla?

20170611_171441.jpg

Also I pay $7 a month per an existing contract that I have. So when I tried to cancel with Sirius XM and tried to switch to streaming service they said we will send you a free radio. Please try it out and see if you like it.. I didn't think I'd run into the issues I'm having .

So I asked to change over to streaming but it's $20 a month minimum which I refuse to pay.

Is there no other way to get an Aux media input into the car without going through Bluetooth compression and loss of quality?
I presumed you've played music from your smartphone via Bluetooth. Is the loss of fidelity due to BT really discernible and objectionable? I ask because to me it's not. I know that FM transmitters suck; they'd sound bad to a deaf person, but I really have no problem with BT.

Reactions: StarLog
I presumed you've played music from your smartphone via Bluetooth. Is the loss of fidelity due to BT really discernible and objectionable? I ask because to me it's not. I know that FM transmitters suck; they'd sound bad to a deaf person, but I really have no problem with BT.

Partially depends on the source and music genere. All my media is lossless encoded and I would prefer to keep that integrity as much as possible.