Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"aux power supply inhabit"on small screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hallo can someone help please?
I have a roadster 2012 that can not charge
I have charged the pack to 360v true the small bms pins and the car came alive.
the car is not able to switch on the ignition or start charging.
warning on the small screen "aux power supply inhabit"
I have tested the small 12v battery in the front and it is ok.
when I got the car there ware a lot of plugs pulled from the battery pack .R/H top orange double and small 2 wire black under it.and L/H main fuse and plug under it next to G sensor.
and all the BMS print cards ware pulled.

all these plug are installed and I have checked plugs on the pem and all looks good

Kind regards
Michael

sorry .last half of question .when I open the charge door the diode in display come on but it is not switching on the white diodes around the plug. also I can not inter the charge page on the small screen for more then half a sek..
If it is a cell block that is to low will it not come up with a other warning??

Recheck the aux battery is giving power to the system, swap the aux battery, or put a second battery with a pair of jumper cables. The 12v puts power to the user side of system. If your main pack is holding voltage and your having problems accessing the control panel check at 12v level.

thanks
I have had a charger on the small front acc battery and it is on full power. I did not have the "low acc battery warning"
I think maybe I just need to charge the pack to 365vdc
I have checked all fuses in PEM and the small 30 A acc battery
my concern is maybe a fuse inside the main battery box is blown to the DC/DC converter In R/H side of the battery box.
because I have just made my own roadster come to live in battery 3 days ago the same way and it was all working ( ignition switch .and charge menu and towing menu)
now I will charge the main pack 24H more to get the V a little higher.
the problem is I do not know if this problem was here before the power dropped on the main battery and the car was sold.
Kind regards
Michael

I suspect it was already a fault and the previous owner pulled the cables to preserve the pack but one would think if they knew that much they would just pull the battery disconnect plug. Was it in an accident where the emergency cables had been cut?

HI ShawnA

yes I mean the valet password I have the Service one.
I am trying to contact the last owner from Florida to get the password.
but if there are a simple way to reset it it please sheer :)

my problem is that my car have not driven since 2012 and maybe he will not remember the code.

Hi Michael,

I do not know of a secret to change the "Valet" password...
I can only hope I remember my own.
It's too bad it could not be reset with the Service password in the maintenance mode...

Shawn

PS - Hi XLR8,

That is why I requested a PM, if he did not know it...........................

Tesla should have a record of the last code if it was not changed. But if the car is salvage, you are out of luck unless you can sweet talk someone at Tesla into giving it to you. They would need to plug in to the car to reset it if it has been changed. Try 1234, that is the default code.

• Helpful
Reactions: petergrub
This is NOT good information to share on an OPEN forum. Please do it via PM

Its not a big secret anymore. I'm not sure why some people still think it is. Tesla even gave it to me years ago for my first bricked Roadster. One simple search on the internet and it comes up. Gruber even posts it on their web site. As long as you don't reset the PEM limits table (PLT) you can't do any harm.