Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auxiliary 12 v battery for refrigerator

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2. Find a controller similar to a solar controller. Is there a solar controller that will accept 13.6 v input.

This place sells what you're looking for.

DC Input Battery Chargers for Lead Acid and SLA Batteries, for charging batteries from vehicles and other low voltage sources, 6 Volt, 12 Volt, 24 Volt, 36 Volt, 48 Volt, 12V

It's nice to see the photo I took of my S's fuse box being used to help! I shunted the relay controlling the 12V outlet (see my reposted photos) and leave my Dometic CF-35 refrigerator plugged in when traveling. Works great.

This place sells what you're looking for.

DC Input Battery Chargers for Lead Acid and SLA Batteries, for charging batteries from vehicles and other low voltage sources, 6 Volt, 12 Volt, 24 Volt, 36 Volt, 48 Volt, 12V

It's nice to see the photo I took of my S's fuse box being used to help! I shunted the relay controlling the 12V outlet (see my reposted photos) and leave my Dometic CF-35 refrigerator plugged in when traveling. Works great.
Thank you for the helpful info

I've had an Engel fridge installed for almost 1.5 years now. It maintains temperature and uses less than 1kW/day. One moving part, no aux 12V necessary.

Consider the 60qt variant in an X as it has both a
fridge and a freezer in the same unit.

Hardwired fused 24/7 12V line.

Last edited:
I'm still looking for the proper relay for a 2016 Model S's 12v in cabin Aux outlet next to the usb ports. Every reference I find and diagram shows older style fuse box diagrams. I did find the 12v fuse, but want the relay to bypass so I can keep the 12v active.

Anyone got it? 2016 Non Refresh 90D. I have the LONG fuse box under the hood and then another in the cabin in the passenger front footwell.

I'm still looking for the proper relay for a 2016 Model S's 12v in cabin Aux outlet next to the usb ports. Every reference I find and diagram shows older style fuse box diagrams. I did find the 12v fuse, but want the relay to bypass so I can keep the 12v active.

Anyone got it? 2016 Non Refresh 90D. I have the LONG fuse box under the hood and then another in the cabin in the passenger front footwell.

2016 Fuse diagram2.JPG
2016 Fuse diagram.JPG