TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Availability of Sunset Red and Regular Suspension?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by babyrocket, Jun 1, 2012.

1. babyrocket

babyrocket Member

So now that the new Design Studio is up, we know that 1) all 2012 deliveries will have Active Air Suspension, and 2) Sunset Red will be an option for General Production cars in 2013. Does anyone have insights into when in 2013 these options will be available? I'm not interested in active air suspension, and very interested in red. I'll be waiting until end of year for the 60kwh option to become available anyway, and if it's only a couple more months it might be worth the additional wait.

Thanks!

Patrick

2. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN P65513, Model 3 Res Holder

The last I asked a Tesla sales rep about when in 2013 the general production Red would be available, I couldn't get anything other than 'sometime in 2013'; they don't have visibility into that yet.

3. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

It also used to be muir red right? Either way, I wouldn't count on a jan 1st availability. Likely late march at the earliest

4. mlascano

mlascano S Sig #722

If they mean "sometime in 2013" for the Sunset red like they meant "coming this winter" for the initial Design Studio I wouldn't hold my breath for March... they have until 12/21/13!! :eek: (hoping I'm wrong)

5. Kipernicus

Kipernicus Model S Res#P1440

This is the first time I've heard that the regular suspension will not be available at launch. I've been considering it because my driveway is oddly shaped with a steep dropoff to a storm drain on the right side, so maybe this will seal the decision for me to get it, although I was hoping to spare the expense.