Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Available capacity with 125amp breaker at home

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Attached are the photos of my circuit breaker. I do have a 30amp dryer which you can see by the tandem circuit.
View attachment 243390

View attachment 243391
Odd to see a 30A 240V breaker (not a tandem, BTW. The one at lower right is a tandem; two breakers occupying one space.) labeled washer and dryer. That would leave a 120V 15A duplex outlet protected by one side of a 30A 240V breaker.

Are you using an electric clothes dryer? If not, and if its outlet is near the garage, you could easily have that circuit extended to a Nema 14-30 outlet in the garage, enabling you to charge at 17 to 18 miles per hour. That would be much less labor and materials cost than adding a 50A breaker and circuit to the main panel.

I use a 30A dryer outlet that was already in my garage to charge overnight during super-off-peak rates (10pm to 8am).

Odd to see a 30A 240V breaker (not a tandem, BTW. The one at lower right is a tandem; two breakers occupying one space.) labeled washer and dryer. That would leave a 120V 15A duplex outlet protected by one side of a 30A 240V breaker.
Your assumptions were different than mine with that labeling. My assumption was that it was a space saver all-in-one combination unit that runs from a 14-30 outlet. Or, don't overthink it--the labeling may be unclear. The dryer is on the 14-30, and the washer can just run from any 5-15 outlet in any room. It doesn't have to be specifically labeled in the breaker panel.