Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Available stalls out of whack

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Something is off here.

Attachments

• 0B64FB70-CBDD-42C8-990A-514C9EF17772.jpeg
    0B64FB70-CBDD-42C8-990A-514C9EF17772.jpeg
    593.5 KB · Views: 76
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    935.6 KB · Views: 58
I’ve been experiencing this same thing. I just drove from NJ to FL and the information at almost every supercharger was incorrect. Usually it was very off indication only. 5 of 16 stalls available when I was the only car charging.

Tesla always errs on the side of unavailable when they do not definitively know that the port is available. When a SC goes offline, and cannot report its status (for whatever reason), they report it as busy.

Keep in mind it says (at least xx of yy ports available).

I have has this happen in Milford, CT at the charger at the mall. It reported that at least 2 of 14 were available. When I arrived, there was no one there. The funny thing is that I called Tesla support and the woman on the phone told me about this method. I mentioned that I wanted to make sure that I had not missed the invisible Tesla upgrade that the other 12 people got. She responded without a beat and told me that I should get that update in a week or so.

• Funny
Reactions: Chopr147
Tesla needs to do more than just report stalls that are in use.

Last month, we stopped at a supercharger site with 6 stalls (3 shared chargers). 4 were shown as available.

When we got there, 1 spot had an ICE parked in it and was unavailable. And of the other spots, 2 of them were having charger problems - which were known by Tesla (when I called). Out of the 6 charging spots, only 1 appeared to be available and fully operational.