Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Available Trims

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does this mean we are not going to see the LR without PUP or SR with PUP for a long time perhaps after the dual motor?

No. It doesn't mean that. See the timeline on the FAQ page here.

Fall 2017: White interior option, standard configuration (non-Premium Upgrades)
November 2017: Standard Battery, $35,000 car
Spring 2018: Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive

Great thanks. I'm set for LR. I still need to figure out if I want to dish out for the PUP. the only two options I care about in PUP are the upgraded sound system and power seats.

I'm in that same boat, and leaning towards the PUP. I don't care about some of the features, but premium audio and better cabin materials are a must for me for a vehicle in this price range. The rest are just bonuses, I guess.

I personally wish that they had done something a little more exciting with the PUP, just because it seems really bland. I'm decently happy about the included upgrades for the price, but none of it seems overly exciting.

It is bland, but it's pretty par for the course. Especially if you specifically target BMW, which pretty much everyone in the segment does. Tesla just chose to lump into one big package a bunch of the features that BMW makes as separate options, but knows its customers all choose anyways (or the dealers choose it for the cars they stock). My old BMW must have been one of those the dealer specially ordered simply to be able to advertise for that ridiculous price you see in ads, because it lacked some interior options (like power seats) that confused the heck out of regular people who encountered the car and couldn't find the power seat buttons.

It is bland, but it's pretty par for the course. Especially if you specifically target BMW, which pretty much everyone in the segment does. Tesla just chose to lump into one big package a bunch of the features that BMW makes as separate options, but knows its customers all choose anyways (or the dealers choose it for the cars they stock). My old BMW must have been one of those the dealer specially ordered simply to be able to advertise for that ridiculous price you see in ads, because it lacked some interior options (like power seats) that confused the heck out of regular people who encountered the car and couldn't find the power seat buttons.

Makes sense. I honestly don't have a problem with the PUP, I think it's fine for the price. The glass roof is cool, and from what I've heard the Tesla vinyl leather is pretty nice and soft.

The S/X vegan leather is incredibly soft. My concern is that it's so soft, I worry about durability at the much higher mile area. I mean, what's it going to look like after 40,000 or 100,000 miles? The leatherette (vinyl) I had on my BMW felt really thick, but still had enough give to be comfortable and make a credible pass at being real leather. After 40,000 miles, it still looked brand spanking new. It had sports seats, but even the big side bolsters on the driver's seat showed no wear. It was freaking incredible. I haven't seen any pictures or videos of high mileage wear other than Bjorn's, and I'm told his is a very abnormal use case.

The S/X vegan leather is incredibly soft. My concern is that it's so soft, I worry about durability at the much higher mile area. I mean, what's it going to look like after 40,000 or 100,000 miles? The leatherette (vinyl) I had on my BMW felt really thick, but still had enough give to be comfortable and make a credible pass at being real leather. After 40,000 miles, it still looked brand spanking new. It had sports seats, but even the big side bolsters on the driver's seat showed no wear. It was freaking incredible. I haven't seen any pictures or videos of high mileage wear other than Bjorn's, and I'm told his is a very abnormal use case.

I'll admit that I have concerns about this as well. I mean I'd like to believe they're using super high-quality vinyl, but I don't really have experience with anything but fabric and leather. Hopefully it's comparable to the stuff in BMW vehicles.

Plus he has perforated seats, which adds another layer into the durability equation.

I thought his was the white perforated leather interior.

Reactions: dragonxt
Yeah, the perforated synthetic interior of Bjorn's cannot take that kind of abuse he gave it. Every hole is an already started tear if you think about it.

But, since Tesla took out the perforated option (right? or at least for the M3), that's one major weak point gone. Hopefully the durability is still there cuz it does feel pretty thin. I mean, my other car has perforated leather as well and it doesn't have any tears after over 100,000 miles, but even though it's a higher end leather, it still feels thicker than the S/X seats and has suffered a good deal of permanent staining. I know I'm just guessing as you'd need to cut the seats from the different manufacturers to properly measure the thickness. I'm just ball parking based on pressing down, feeling any folds and seams, etc.

Just went to the tesla store to check out the white interior. I thought white on white would be cool. Came back disappointed! The showroom car's white interior was dirty. Asked them to clean it. They used Lysol and really didn't clean it. Also the white feels very soft and thin as others have said compared to the black interior (in showroom as well) which feels like and looks like leather. The white looks plasticky! The sales folks said they put a coating that makes it feel like that but it just feels like a different material to me. What does everyone think about differences in black and white material.